• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Big thanks to sysinu !

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu may be to modest to say anything about this but I just want you all to know what great guy he is.

A few weeks ago he posted that he was getting rid of the stock carpet from his 2014 242ls. I asked about it and he gave it to me , a complete stranger thousands of miles away, for free. I was going to pick up the shipping costs but he ended up bringing it to me on his latest business trip to CA. Those of you that travel know how much of a pita it is to bring along bulky items like a carpet kit. We met today and I took delivery of the entire set. It was great to meet another yamaha jet boater and sysinu is a cool guy with lots of boating experience that could probably write more than a few reviews on various boats and boating gear . I think that makes a total of 5 yamaha jet boat owners that I've met so far. I know that's not many but it's better than my count yesterday and I'd be happy if I could get that many of us together on the water someday, preferably next season.

Anyway, I thought about keeping the new set as a spare only for use on special occasions, kind of like mom's good china set or the living room with white carpet that some of us are familiar with. After examining the new set a little more and comparing it to my original set I think I'm going to use the new set as the primary set going forward because it's clearly an improvement. The new set has darker piping/borders, a lighter interior and is softer (it only looks and feels feels similar to the original set in the grooves which the original set does not have). It's also newer so it isn't as worn nor does it have any stains / spots on it, not yet anyway. My original set is not bad but it looks like the 5 year old set that it is.

My wife, son and I love the feel and welcome the slightly different look as well. I'm inspired to "pay it forward" so I may be donating my stock carpet set to a 240 series owner in the near future. I don't have any experience on an ar or sx 240 so I don't know what the carpet is like but suspect that there is a noticeable difference in the feel and look of it and the carpet that comes in the LS models. @sysinu , THANK YOU again!

Last edited:
@Ronnie You already paid it forward by sending me the oil reservoir cap for my trailer! Both examples of how this community supports its members!

Great stuff! It always make you feel good to help out others. Traveling with carpet had to be a pain! That was going the extra mile.

This forum is like no other boat forum and one of the best reasons to buy a Yamaha. I had a very similar experience with member @motorboater. When I was looking to buy a used boat out of state, he volunteered to inspect it and test drove it Followed up with a detailed report and refused to take any money. I bought the boat without ever seeing it and have been very happy. He then spent 6 months answering all of my questions. We have since become great friends. Good people here.

I hate to say these stories are common, but in our group of members, they are common! I have yet to figure out what it is about the Yamaha jet boat brethren (and the growing representation from other jet boat lines), that seems to attract a very generous and outgoing group of people...but it does! @Ronnie , thanks for putting the thanks out there! And for paying it forward more than once! @sysinu , thanks for the same, it is members like ya'll that make the friendships here worthwhile! I have seen so much of this it does seem common here...it is just normal for here, but certainly not a common occurrence among forums. Many of us have experienced this before, and I know we have the same camaraderie here as we did there. Everything I have ever put out to the members, whether the anchor or footballs, or loaning a tool or accessory, it has come back to me ten fold. It is why I had to buy a second boat, and retain my membership with this great group of folks! It is why this forum, jetboaters.net was necessary. Thanks again guys! I hope others add to this thread and I hope you don't mind Ronnie, what a great thread to collect them in.

This forum is like no other boat forum and one of the best reasons to buy a Yamaha. I had a very similar experience with member @motorboater. When I was looking to buy a used boat out of state, he volunteered to inspect it and test drove it Followed up with a detailed report and refused to take any money. I bought the boat without ever seeing it and have been very happy. He then spent 6 months answering all of my questions. We have since become great friends. Good people here.

It has been my pleasure! I've had similar experiences myself which have absolutely made my day. I'm not logged in here as much anymore but still enjoy keeping up with everyone's adventures!

@sysinu just paid it forward again with providing me his air filters. Time to clean out the closet and keep it moving forward!

REALLY REALLY NICE story, @Ronnie !
Especially at this Holiday time of the year !~

Major props to @sysinu too ! SUPERB ! Simply SUPERB !@
Merry Christmas everyone ! - Mikey Lulejian - From a freezin' cold 78 degree (LOL !) Lake Oconee, GA
Christmas Coming - X2.jpg

Back