• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge Pump Replacement - AR230

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Friends - need help. Are there any videos specific to AR 230 - 2008 or near models on changing the bilge pump??? Trying to replace and having some difficulty. Any help is greatly appreciated.
THANKS - SAS

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should be able to unclip the old Rule bilge pump from its strainer and clip the new one into the old strainer. Then just connect to the old wiring harness.

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the help - took some time but completed. Hardest part was removing old base and installing new pump base of old pump out. SAS

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was the base different or in need of replacement? Other reports have used the same base for easy replacement.

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Old Pump was original. New pump base was just a little different but would not snap into the old base. I am a big guy so I was hard to reach back into engine area and get the screws out.

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Old Pump was original. New pump base was just a little different but would not snap into the old base. I am a big guy so I was hard to reach back into engine area and get the screws out.
I have to replace my bilge pump this year. I took a brief look inside and yes it will be a bitch to get in there.

I'm trying to track the wires. Is the connector inside the engine bay?

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just replaced mine with one that clicked in to the old mount. The new one is on off only without the timer. I actually like this better, except I would like to add a float switch. Has anyone done this on an AR230 and where did you put the float switch?

Eric