• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge sound? 19 AR 195

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi,

I think I posted last week about an auto bilge question however now I’m out in the garage as the boat is of course dry never had any water in it in fact it’s only been out once. Battery switch on bilge switch is on and the bilge is just making this really strange whining sound like there’s a fan inside of it and it’s rubbing up against something. I tried to post a video of the sound but no luck... it’s pretty loud even when the engine compartment hatch is closed. Any ideas? It’s a new boat something sounds whacky!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’d verify the switch needs to be on, chances are it doesn’t on a 2019. I just checked my 2018, and if I followed the manual 100% the pump would just run forever without stopping. I found the new pump is a float style, that’s wired straight to the battery and does not require the battery switch to be on. There’s a thread called “Auto bilge. I’m a jackass” or something. I updated the functions there.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The dealer told me that the bilge switch does not need to be turned on with our 19 AR195. I heard the same thing on mine when the bilge switch got knocked on by accident.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The dealer told me that the bilge switch does not need to be turned on with our 19 AR195. I heard the same thing on mine when the bilge switch got knocked on by accident.
Perfect this is the affirmation I was looking for no sense in running it when it is bone dry I’m just going to leave it off and trust the dealer that it will kick on when it needs to. Here’s a picture of the pump itself.

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perfect this is the affirmation I was looking for no sense in running it when it is bone dry I’m just going to leave it off and trust the dealer that it will kick on when it needs to. Here’s a picture of the pump itself.
Just for future reference, what I have learned about those pumps (aerator type) is that running those dry is supposedly not an issue, as long as there is not debris obstructing the impeller there should be no harm even with prolonged dry operation, which is in stark contrast to reversible pumps like many ballast pumps.
However, one super quick way to kill a non-reversible (aerator style) pump is to reverse the polarity on it (even momentarily - it fries the pump instantaneously).

--

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah I think prior to 18 the switch needs to be on, but that doesn’t necessarily turn the pump on (as the float does that). However in the newer ones the pump always has power and now you have the option to turn it on if the float is not working. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah I think prior to 18 the switch needs to be on, but that doesn’t necessarily turn the pump on (as the float does that). However in the newer ones the pump always has power and now you have the option to turn it on if the float is not working. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
Funny I was just playing with the one on my 2018 yesterday, mine works exactly as you described. Switch on is manual mode, off is auto. And the battery switch has no bearing on bilge auto operation

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is much improved, then. On my 2012, switch On is auto and switch Off is sinking, er, off.