• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Our dates have been selected!

This thread has been updated for the Bimini 2015 trip. It is important to notify me of your commitment to participate so that I can keep an accurate headcount. Please provide a contact cellular phone number, number of people on your boat, boat model/make. This personal information will only be shared by the few organizers of the event.

The dates have been changed to July to allow for a 15% discount/group rate that @Bruce arranged for our group at Bimini Sands. We need 15 rooms/condos for the group rate.

DATES
Captain's Meeting - 5PM July 5th at the BahiaMar pool. See this post https://jetboaters.net/posts/109946/
Departure for Bimini - 6am July 6th from the BahiaMar.
Departure for Ft. Lauderdale - 6am July 11th.

BAHIA MAR HOTEL IN FT. LAUDERDALE
Make your reservation for the BahiaMar hotel at 1-954-764-2233. Sorry, group rate policy was too strict make a group reservation at this hotel.

Make your reservation for your slip at the BahiaMar by calling or filling out the below form. There IS a group rate for the slips at $1.25/ft, no minimum. Their phone number is 954.627.6309. They are located at the BahiaMar hotel, but are a separate business. The group name is "Jet Boaters."

BIMINI SANDS CONDOS
The group name here is also "Jet Boaters." Make your reservation at the Bimini Sands by filling out the attached form and/or contacting them at 242.347.3500 (international call). If you are requesting a specific room, please call 242.347.3500. For general reservations you can call their toll free number at 800.737.1007. If you are emailing your reservation, please email the form to jonisha@southbiminisands.com or lavon@southbiminisands.com. Below you will find their discounted rates and their reservation form. The discount applies to your slip as well.

CUSTOMS
Please remember to fill out the customs form (also attached). We also hope to have the immigration forms available at the captain's meeting. The custom's form needs to be completed by the master of the vessel. This form should be downloaded and filled out prior to departure. Each person/family needs to fill out the immigration form but cannot be downloaded. More info on customs/immigration can be found at Bahamas.com/boating or http://www.bahamas.com/boating-enter-exit

PIGROAST
Last year we had a fabulous potluck/pigroast at honeymoon harbor. Everyone backed their boat up to the beach and put their spread on the swim decks. It was an awesome time and even included a couple of engagements!

@Bruce has already volunteered to supply the razorback ham!

Throw in with your menu, I'm already getting hungry!

https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-2015-potluck-pigroast.4412/

T-SHIRTS
Last year @andy07sx230ho put together some awesome t-shirts!

More info here
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-bimini-shirts.4413/

BIMINI INFO
Lots of helpful info about preparation and the destination is posted in the thread Preparing For Bimini https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/

THANKS
Thanks to @Bruce, @andy07sx230ho , and @justason for their help organizing all of this for our group!

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS
@upperdeck Unit 12A, from Milwaukee WI, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@andy07sx230ho, 7Q, from Chapin, SC, SX230, 4 adults
@Bruce, 21M, from Royal AR, SX230, 2 adults, 8 year old daughter, 5 year old son
@tim h 4Q, big ass boat, FL, 2 adults, 2 kids
@veedubtek and @DieselCamel, 1A, Winston Salem, NC, 4 adults
@chris24, 15B, from Tampa FL, 212SS, two people, maybe more.
@kthrash 8E and 8F, from Madison MS, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@robert843, 7B, From Myrtle Beach, SC info to follow
@Justin G., 3D, From Hinckley, IL, 4 adults, 1 child
@waterboy 15J, from Holly Springs, NC, 2 adults
@zedxmike, 12B, from Orlando, FL, 2 adults
@1948Isaac from Cape Coral, FL
@BigJay17 from Orlano, Fl, 2 adults, 3 kids
@Tony Sweasy, Enterprise, AL, 3 adults
@Kristen, info to come
@DiverB, Harrison TWP, Michigan, 1 adult
@ArmyChief, 21R, AR192, North Port, FL, 1 couples, 1 teens
@David Hoff, 16B & 16C, AR210, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 2 kids
@Ramblin Wreck, 4K, Ski, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 1 child.
@MrMoose, 10F, AR240, Spring, TX, 3 persons
@JROD , 12C, two adults, one ski
@Jerry Ferrera, 242, two couples, Tampa, FL.

PICTURES FROM BIMINI 2014
@waterboy's pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.134/
@Bruce and @Tylers pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.120/

#Bimini2015

We have a Preparing For Bimini thread with useful information at https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/ (Added by Bruce)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am in!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I suppose I could be coerced...but if we do Powell next year, we won't have the time to do Bimini. At some point, we have to do it...at least it seems we do ;)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Besides...if @upperdeck can trek from Wisconsin, what excuse do I have!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I actually can't believe you make that journey, that takes 5 days of travel I bet not including Florida!

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm very interested. Looking into everything I'll need to do and upgrade make the trip... I'm a local river guy!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm very interested. Looking into everything I'll need to do and upgrade make the trip... I'm a local river guy!
Picking up a handheld VHF radio, a pack of flares and installing Navionics on a tablet or phone would be the minimum and quite inexpensive.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
While we had smooth water this year, I would strongly consider a second bilge pump as well. Also inexpensive.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I figured a VHF radio would be part of it... I have one of the apps already installed but need to play with it more so I'm comfortable with it. I was heavily leaning towards a second bilge pump... located under the cleanout hatch and wired directly to the battery... after forgetting to install my plug this year. Will definitely put it at the top of the list for this, though!

I have some other housekeeping stuff I need to do... like SECURELY bolt down my battery boxes, etc... the plastic loops broke off and I haven't fixed them yet.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I figured a VHF radio would be part of it... I have one of the apps already installed but need to play with it more so I'm comfortable with it. I was heavily leaning towards a second bilge pump... located under the cleanout hatch and wired directly to the battery... after forgetting to install my plug this year. Will definitely put it at the top of the list for this, though!
Make sure you route its own discharge hose all the way out of the boat. Don't tap into the existing line, it creates a bottleneck and limits the benefit of two pumps.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MOA_Chaser, All I did to get to Bimini was follow @upperdeck. Sometimes too close or too quickly.

I have a Raymarine Dragonfly with current Navionics data in the boat ($500, Black Friday deal plus $100 map upgrade) that I used after we arrived. But the Navionics app ($20) map data is better than the gold maps on the Dragonfly.

We took a pair of inexpensive handheld VHF radios and used them as walkie talkies ($90). I installed a 25 watt VHF and antenna in the boat ($350). The handhelds were used more than the fixed radio but the fixed radio was necessary to reach friends who were out fishing a few times.

I also have a second bilge pump which cost less than $100 in parts.

And I bought type 1 life jackets for the wife and kids at $50 a piece.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This year everyone went out of Ft. Lauderdale, right? Is that better than starting from Miami?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This year everyone went out of Ft. Lauderdale, right? Is that better than starting from Miami?
I don't think so. Miami is about 5 miles close by water to Bimini but probably 30 to 45 minutes by road farther south of Fort Lauderdale. Also, the Bahama Tourism does their guided tours out of Fort Lauderdale, which is what we did in 2011 to learn the process of getting through customs.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tyler left from Miami. The group left from Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale is a shorter drive and had known marinas and fuel stops. The difference in distance to Bimini is small. I believe the difference in crime rate is large.