• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2017 week of June 19-25

Tony C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hello everyone,

I am looking to cross to Bimini for the first time and my window is between June 19 to the 25.

If there is anyone looking to go during the week I would love to go as a group.
Let me know.

Tony

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Boston Whalers will be in Bimini June 13th to 17th. It is likely that they will take all the fuel, fish and other supplies that were in Bimini when they leave. In 2014 Bimini was completely out of fuel for four days at the end of their visit.

Tony C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info Bruce. I will adjust accordingly.
Look to launch, like Wed. The 21st.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I want to make the trip I have been talking with the wife and she is not to keen. It would be our first trip out like this, but we drive 40miles down lake travis to eat lunch, so I couldn't think it would be that bad. Just need a UHF and a few GPS and some friends. I would love advise or go with a group to learn the ropes.

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We're planning to go to Bimini this June, with our kids, it would be nice to go with the group since it's our first time, flexible on dates

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, I took a look at it, I think it's a great idea, just need to see if those dates will work, but we have 30ft cruiser not a jet boat

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I took a look at it, I think it's a great idea, just need to see if those dates will work, but we have 30ft cruiser not a jet boat
You would be the second largest boat in our group. We are not prejudiced against your props as long as you can take a few jokes.

Last edited:

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lol...sounds good
So yes , looks like we're going with your group, just need to get all the paperwork for the boat, and book everything else

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol...sounds good
So yes , looks like we're going with your group, just need to get all the paperwork for the boat, and book everything else
Are you planning to stay on your boat or in a condo? I would opt for a condo unless you have AC.

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, there's AC on the boat, but we will need one bedroom condo, we gonna split the family, some in a boat and some in condo.

MarkEnMiami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
hello everyone,

I am looking to cross to Bimini for the first time and my window is between June 19 to the 25.

If there is anyone looking to go during the week I would love to go as a group.
Let me know.

Tony
hey, this monday i left from black point marina a little south of miami... homestead ish, and headed over to bimini alone. thought was a bit crazy but gps and all additional equipment necessary in hand. it was flat as ice. i will pose a few photos in a bit. easy trip, could have made it faster, with gas to spare, but wanted to be conservative. got my permit good for 90 days and figured out the entire process. toped off gas and made it back boat back in dry stack and next time i want to spend the day and night over there... i literally burned more gas going to key largo and or aventura than i did with the bimini trip. topped off the 242 limited se and it was at 100% when i left bimini and when i pulled back to black point it was at 45%. i watch that guy on youtube "out on the reef", i dont think i wold have done the trip with a single engine. but props to him. if you go on the weekends, you do not need any gps, there is a line of boats going over its like a traffic jam on I-95

esteban

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
hello everyone.....
looking for anyone going to Bimini on June 27th to the 29th never been there trying to make the crossing for the first time