• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a maybe at this point. It's matter of feeling confident with the lodging situation that's holding me back.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am still in for these dates. Apologize for not posting for a bit. Work is CAH RAY ZEE.

My personal preference is to use Big Game Club. I count 5-6 boats saying they are in. I am a Bimini virgin so I dont want to plan the crossing itself. Earlier I thought I saw @Julian post that these were his dates? Maybe we can get this moved to an official trip? Is that a thing?

I have an ATV trip next week and then a cruise Mar 15th, I know, life is rough. My plan is to call BGC around April 1st and see whats what unless someone else has contacts there and can get the ball rolling sooner.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still in for these dates. Apologize for not posting for a bit. Work is CAH RAY ZEE.

My personal preference is to use Big Game Club. I count 5-6 boats saying they are in. I am a Bimini virgin so I dont want to plan the crossing itself. Earlier I thought I saw @Julian post that these were his dates? Maybe we can get this moved to an official trip? Is that a thing?

I have an ATV trip next week and then a cruise Mar 15th, I know, life is rough. My plan is to call BGC around April 1st and see whats what unless someone else has contacts there and can get the ball rolling sooner.
Email me at bruce@ theforumdomain.net and I will start the discussion with the manager of BGC.

There is a possibility that BS will sell and return to the rental business but whether they will be ready for rentals this summer is unknown. It is said that a sale is in process but still lots of smoke and mirrors.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
FYI...there a small group heading to Treasure Cay in Abacos for that week (7/6-7/14) should this trip not work.

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Changing the departure day to the 8th would be best for me and others who have limited vacation days and 2 days of traveling. I will be driving down in a small RV but I would think staying at Bahia Mar Sunday night is still the best option due to getting groceries, launching boat, parking vehicles and trailers, idling out to Bahia Mar, topping off with fuel and docking boat with expectation of leaving out early Monday morning with option of waiting a few hours for better crossing conditions if needed. Return Saturday morning. Basically the same trip we done in 17. However I could leave on the 6th or 7th if that’s best for the rest of the group.

DIRTYOAR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Changing the departure day to the 8th would be best for me and others who have limited vacation days and 2 days of traveling. I will be driving down in a small RV but I would think staying at Bahia Mar Sunday night is still the best option due to getting groceries, launching boat, parking vehicles and trailers, idling out to Bahia Mar, topping off with fuel and docking boat with expectation of leaving out early Monday morning with option of waiting a few hours for better crossing conditions if needed. Return Saturday morning. Basically the same trip we done in 17. However I could leave on the 6th or 7th if that’s best for the rest of the group.
We are leaving 7/6/2019 for Treasure Cay in Abacos

Jbalance

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My dates are still confirmed July 6th or 7th through 12th or 13th. How many more boats are confirmed for this time period as well?
I am down for the dates...let me know and we will join the crossing😁

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Email me at bruce@ theforumdomain.net and I will start the discussion with the manager of BGC.

There is a possibility that BS will sell and return to the rental business but whether they will be ready for rentals this summer is unknown. It is said that a sale is in process but still lots of smoke and mirrors.
I'm anxiously waiting for this!!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it turns into a luxury resort like cat cat, some of us common folks may be priced out of it... however things are definately looking up for bs.. we shall see.

Yamaha212limiteds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello all -

July 6 or 7th through July 12 or 13th of 2019

I will be a first time crosser this year and these are the BEST dates for my family to go. I can use the 4th Holiday to get to Florida and save a little vacation time. I have read almost every Bimini thread and we've been planning on doing this since last summer. We are going one way or another!!

I am really not the person who should be leading the group across the Ocean as it will be my first crossing, but I am quite capable of doing other planning etc.

I am hoping some experienced crossers want to join based on these dates. I am open to suggestions on where to stay and such. I was looking at Big Game Club as my preferred alternate. Also with a smaller group maybe we don't have to add in a night a Bahia Mar, but I am open to that if its best.

I really just want to get the discussion started for these dates. I am flexible for departure to Bimini on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. I would prefer to cross back on Saturday but I am also flexible there too.

About me: I am an experienced inland boater, I have owned a boat since I was 11 years old (Dad's boat) and I bought my Yamaha 212 Ltd S new in July 2017. I have many years experience in a 19' open bow I/O on Lake Michigan. My boat and crew will be equipped and prepared for a solo crossing, but it is not my preference. My first mate is my 20 year old son who has been boating since diapers. Crew of 4 total.

Lets do it!
we want to do it too, first timers. dates are fine for us also.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just talked to the rental pool folks at Bimini and they are not yet taking reservations. I have asked them to call me when/if they will. It is still unclear if this will get sorted out before the summer.

@Bruce do you have any information from the HOA folks?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just talked to the rental pool folks at Bimini and they are not yet taking reservations. I have asked them to call me when/if they will. It is still unclear if this will get sorted out before the summer.

Julian, who did you talk to?

Roberts / Peters people stopped rentals on all units owned by Roberts when they cancelled the twelve family’s fully paid reservations less than a week before the July group was due to arrive.

Rentals at Bimini Sands Inc who we had booked through for the past two years was forced out and stopped taking reservations in October or November.

The best information that I have is that Bimini Sands is under contract to be purchased by an American. It is unknown how long the sale will take to close. The condo owners have been told that the new owner wants to improve Bimini Sands, pave the roads, fix the pool and resume rentals. It is unknown how long a new rental pool will take to open after the sale completes. What is known is that after a year of neglect much work will be needed to prepare for guests.

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well I just rented a house on south Bimini for July 8-13

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Any update is always better than shooting in the air for nothing, at least you can let everyone know once its open when they call you, the 2019 official Bimini may alive again !

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any update is always better than shooting in the air for nothing, at least you can let everyone know once its open when they call you, the 2019 official Bimini may alive again !
If rentals are opening up again I will know long in advance. It is rare that a week goes by without my hearing from multiple players at BS.