• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
7/8-11 for me. I’m trailering down from New Jersey and will be in 21 foot scout. As long as the group stays below 45 mph, I’ll be able to keep up.

How does parking at Harbour Towne work? Do I need to reserve ahead of time?
No one will be crossing at 45mph! First of all, it is unlikely waves will permit that speed, but also, at that speed you seriously risk running out of fuel. If it is flat calm I'll go 30ish.

Parking is first come first served at Harbor Town. Otherwise you park at the Airport Self Park and Uber/Lyft back.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year we ran at about 20-25 mph and we arrived with 60% fuel still in the tank in a 240.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last year we ran at about 20-25 mph and we arrived with 60% fuel still in the tank in a 240.
And last year was flat calm! I hope to heck it will be flat calm this year, but getting that luckly 2 years in a row is unlikely! I plan for a rough one and am happy if it ain't!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And last year was flat calm! I hope to heck it will be flat calm this year, but getting that luckly 2 years in a row is unlikely! I plan for a rough one and am happy if it ain't!
It got a little interesting when we ran up the middle of those two storm fronts, but then it was like glass on the far side. Judging from videos I've seen, it was even smoother for the July group.

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
is there a possibility for group rates at Bahia Mar for hotel and slip or should I just go ahead and reserve both now? Im trailering from NJ and rather not end up rushing to get things together last minute.

is it me or is July too far away. I'm dying to splash the boat.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It got a little interesting when we ran up the middle of those two storm fronts, but then it was like glass on the far side. Judging from videos I've seen, it was even smoother for the July group.
T
Don’t let the videos decide you. June was flatter than July( at least the Saturday crossing that is )

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These are the 3 parking choices I found within walking/biking distance of Harbor Towne Marina - which is the best place to launch.

Harbor Towne Marina: "We do have a public boat launch. Free to launch $20/day to park. Trailer must stay attached to truck. First come first serve parking, no reservations can be made. Ramp is open 24 hours a day and my security team will check you in, take payment and give you parking pass."

Weiner's Mobile Home Park replied, "Yes", when I asked, "Is it possible to rent a lot from 7 - 12 July. Overall length of truck and boat trailer are under 50' and I won't need any type of hookup, just a simple place for the week. I plan on only using the spot as storage for the week for our boat trip." The monthly rent is $1050, wished they would've told me to cost. I'm going to assume it's prorated, so about $35/day.

*[BW Edit] has yet to reply on the parking for an oversized vehicle. I found a different parking lot and they showed a rate about $11/day. I'll try calling in the morning.

No one will be crossing at 45mph! First of all, it is unlikely waves will permit that speed, but also, at that speed you seriously risk running out of fuel. If it is flat calm I'll go 30ish.

Parking is first come first served at Harbor Town. Otherwise you park at the Airport Self Park and Uber/Lyft back.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I reserved a room at Bahia Mar for $120 and received a quote for the slip at $149.80. I may be trying to launch that morning, then meet at Bahia Mar for the group.

I may be cancelling the Bahia Mar room to get something near Harbor Towne. This will allow me to NOT pay for parking that night. Then I would launch the boat around 0400hrs, then park the truck, then grab the family and begin movement towards Bahia Mar, ETA 0600.

is there a possibility for group rates at Bahia Mar for hotel and slip or should I just go ahead and reserve both now? Im trailering from NJ and rather not end up rushing to get things together last minute.

is it me or is July too far away. I'm dying to splash the boat.

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I reserved a room at Bahia Mar for $120 and received a quote for the slip at $149.80. I may be trying to launch that morning, then meet at Bahia Mar for the group.

I may be cancelling the Bahia Mar room to get something near Harbor Towne. This will allow me to NOT pay for parking that night. Then I would launch the boat around 0400hrs, then park the truck, then grab the family and begin movement towards Bahia Mar, ETA 0600.

that's not a bad idea, but it'll sure make for a long day. I do like the idea of saving on the slip cost.

I was looking at Harbour Towne on Google maps and couldn't find where trucks and trailers are parked attached. is it across from the ramp or offsite somewhere?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw that as well and figured they'd allow multiple spaces to be taken.Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 9.17.34 PM.png

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gotta love Google maps!!!
Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 9.37.19 PM.png

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, last pic. This shows trucks and trailer fitting, minus the Excursion with a triple axle trailer.Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 9.39.34 PM.png

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How does parking at Harbour Towne work? Do I need to reserve ahead of time?
Harbour Towne is first come first serve. Reservations are not possible but parking should not be an issue for small groups. Parking proces went up again last year. Can’t remember the exact amount but I would expect $15 to $20 a day in cash for parking.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No one will be crossing at 45mph!
44 was my peak on the way to Bimini but that was only for a few minutes in 2014. I believe I averaged low 40s on a single boat return in 2015.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AJack, the place that we have used for group parking took much time to find. I would prefer not to name it in posts in hopes that we will be able to continue to use it for large groups. It was exclusively a group discount deal with an agreement that we would keep it quiet.

For the size of groups going this year Harbour Towne should be more than adequate. Without a large group the airport parking would be more expensive than Harbour Towne.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

@AJack thats not what i quoted from web, email with phone conversation with Bahia Mar marina ( you may speak to Terry Newby ). i first told marina need a room with slip for boat but slip wont be needed at first day, trailer and tow vehicle do, I reserved a room from 07/06- 08, my car with boat and trailer attached is 17.00 ( trailer $10 + car $7 , they charge very high without slip rental ), launch boat and park at slip $60 ( $1.5 /per f x 40' minimum) plus power and tax.

before this crossing, jetboaters has group big and bigger launched and parked in Habour Towne every year , we have only about 4 confirmed which may growing up later, it should have enough space, but i also have airport parking as alternate in case of lot full.

Last edited:

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Stealing @AJack idea of launching the morning of.... it doesn't look like any of the hotels around the area have decent truck and trailer parking. then again Im basing this off of google map images. most hotel lots are side by side parking and will require disconnecting the trailer. even if I go through the trouble, with 26 feet of trailer sticking out im running the risk of someone hitting the tongue.