• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Bahamas Dec. 2020

SteveK19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Saw a lot of these trips during the spring/summer months. Has anyone ever gone after hurricane season? Considering going the first week of December. Any advice or pre-planning tips would be greatly appreciated. Stepping up into the new 25’ AR if it ever arrives.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never been. Thought I read somewhere it has to do with the winds and the Gulf Stream current that time of year. That’s why most go may-July. I guess it’s optimum conditions.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was also thinking why not go in March? I’d be curious what the real difference is between March and June.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The winds are generally stronger that time of year; more favorable in the summer months.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured, does anybody make the trip to Freeport instead? I have others that want to come with me but they wouldn’t want to spend the whole trip on a boat so I think freeport would have more to do for them.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It sounds counter intuitive but the early part of hurricane season offers the best opportunity to make the crossing from a weather/water perspective.