• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Christmas Toy Drive

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every summer some of us enjoy a trip to the amazing blue waters of @Bimini. I was surprised to learn that there are approximately 500 children who live on the islands. Most of their families have little income and even less access to stores to buy Christmas presents for the children.

For the past three years the Vander Werf family has organized a toy drive to deliver presents to those children. Last year they delivered presents to 420 children in Bimini. I plan to contribute a few presents this year and thought some others might want to join me. They are focused on presents that do not use batteries as they are very difficult to obtain on the islands. They also operate a charitable foundation through which tax deductible donations can be made and used to purchase presents.

This is their Facebook post where I learned about the toy drive. I have attached the flyer for the toy drive to this post.

Hello fans of Bimini!

For the 4th year, the Vander Werf family is gathering toys for the children of Bimini to make this another wonderful Christmas for them! There are over 400 children (ages 3-12) on Bimini island and few places to get Christmas toys for them. So, as in the past, we have gathered new, non-electronic toys and brought them over and distributed to these great kids.

Last year, the school put on a wonderful Christmas show for *US*- including a junkanoo band! It was awesome! Santa was there - as was Tigger - and you can see in the pictures how excited the children were.

Would you like to help the Bimini Toy Drive out by either hosting a donation box and/or donating toys for the kids? Cash can also be donated and would be considered tax deductible if made out to the Vander Werf Family Foundation, a 501c3 charitable foundation - we'll buy the toys for you!

If you would like to host a box at your work location, let me know! We will bring a Christmas-paper wrapped box with flyers describing the drive to you - and do intermittent pickups as necessary if (or should I say WHEN) the box fills. If you don't have a place to place a donation box but want to donate toys, please let me know as well - we would be happy to pick them up. You can also shop online and have them sent to us - take advantage of Black Friday sales and free shipping!

Please visit and "like" the Bimini Toy Drive facebook page and check out the pictures and videos from last year's distribution. Feel free to join us in Bimini for a wonderful Christmas celebration, island style, on December 21 or 22 (weather depending).

Please spread the word as well - we have over 450 toys to gather!

https://www.facebook.com/Bimini-Toy-Drive-1649447465334501/

Attachments

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello @Bruce

Nice idea and a way to give back to a place that gas given some serious memories to folks here

What if:::: a present sent::::was wrapped in a jb.net wrapping paper!!!! Simple 8.5x11 printer paper w/logo. Or similar?

There is leftover swag hanging around there. Could set a pattern and recognizeable visual for generations to come!!!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What if:::: a present sent::::was wrapped in a jb.net wrapping paper!!!! Simple 8.5x11 printer paper w/logo. Or similar?

There is leftover swag hanging around there. Could set a pattern and recognizeable visual for generations to come!!!!
Great suggestion!

@Murf'n'surf has plenty of stickers left.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce Cindy and I will definitely be donating. @justason great idea. Guys let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Karie Vander Werf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi everyone! Bruce invited me to join temporarily to help out with any questions about the Bimini Toy Drive.

We are looking for toys for kids aged 3 through 12 years of age. Anything is welcome except battery operated toys. We would like them to be unwrapped but you are more than welcome to attach something with tape to a toy.

If you would like to host a box at your business location, we would be happy to drop a box off for you. If you are not in the area but would like to donate, you are more than welcome to ship toys to us or you can donate cash (tax-deductible) and we will purchase the toys for you.

Ya'll are more than welcome to join us too on December 21st or 22nd - although the seas were AWFUL last year (seriously) - we took quite the beating! Hopefully it will be better this year.

Please feel free to post any questions you might have here or you can email me at BiminiToyDrive@gmail.com.

Thank you Bruce for sharing this information!

Karie

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Karie Vander Werf, are there any specific types of toys that you are particularly in need of?

Thanks for the invite to join you for delivery but if your boat had a rough crossing our 24' and smaller boats would be in trouble!

Karie Vander Werf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There really aren't any specific toys that seemed to be preferred. We had such a variety last year. We only go for the day and leave the following morning so we aren't able to see what gets played with or complained about =)

We did have a boys bike donated and we purchased a girls bike to go with it. This was raffled off and they were a hit. This might be something one business could contribute to to allow us to donate another 2 bikes this year.

Totally understand about the little boats! Hopefully it will be a bit smoother! =)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r, how about some footballs?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone! Bruce invited me to join temporarily to help out with any questions about the Bimini Toy Drive.

We are looking for toys for kids aged 3 through 12 years of age. Anything is welcome except battery operated toys. We would like them to be unwrapped but you are more than welcome to attach something with tape to a toy.

If you would like to host a box at your business location, we would be happy to drop a box off for you. If you are not in the area but would like to donate, you are more than welcome to ship toys to us or you can donate cash (tax-deductible) and we will purchase the toys for you.

Ya'll are more than welcome to join us too on December 21st or 22nd - although the seas were AWFUL last year (seriously) - we took quite the beating! Hopefully it will be better this year.

Please feel free to post any questions you might have here or you can email me at BiminiToyDrive@gmail.com.

Thank you Bruce for sharing this information!

Karie
What is the mailing address that we may ship toys to?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make that wrapped toys with your JetBoaters.net stickers on the outside!
Lol. I think I'll let Amazon do the wrapping. Consider 2 bikes done. I'll ship them out as soon as I have an address.

Karie Vander Werf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
7433 NE Orchid Bay Terrace, Boca Raton, FL 33487

Attn Ken Vander Werf

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Karie Vander Werf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Bruce (oops I mean Murf!!!) - I'm... wow. That. Is. Amazing. You ROCK!!! Thank you so much from our family and the Bimini family too!!! You will definitely see some happy smiley faces with your bikes!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
How about some good old classic board games like Monopoly / Chess etc ? Or am I being too nerdy :) . Let me know if this would work, else will get a couple of bikes.

Is this the address to ship to ?

Attn Ken Vander Werf

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I were trying yo figure out something to do to get our kids involved with giving this year... I like this idea... what I think I will do is take each kid.. let them read this and then go get their money and get an idea how much they want to spend of their money and then we will match it...

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Karie Vander Werf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How about some good old classic board games like Monopoly / Chess etc ? Or am I being too nerdy :) . Let me know if this would work, else will get a couple of bikes.

Is this the address to ship to ?

Attn Ken Vander Werf

Board games are great! We had quite a few donated last year. They last so I think they make great gifts!