• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini cover with holes in it

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If anyone found some small holes in their Bimini cover for no reason , I found out why?

I have a 2017 195 impulse with tower and Bimini cover that when not being used wraps around tower and then gets a outer cover zippered over it. I found at the end of season that it had small holes in it and looking further into it I found that the quick disconnects on the tower were rubbing holes in the top. I don't use it much so it's usually wrapped up and covered, which sits there rubbing holes in it.
This is a design flaw and should be corrected by scarab. Tower should have added protection for quick disconnects. Mine is still under warranty so I will check into this!

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Im gonna have to look at nine. I haven't noticed anything like that.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If anyone found some small holes in their Bimini cover for no reason , I found out why?

I have a 2017 195 impulse with tower and Bimini cover that when not being used wraps around tower and then gets a outer cover zippered over it. I found at the end of season that it had small holes in it and looking further into it I found that the quick disconnects on the tower were rubbing holes in the top. I don't use it much so it's usually wrapped up and covered, which sits there rubbing holes in it.
This is a design flaw and should be corrected by scarab. Tower should have added protection for quick disconnects. Mine is still under warranty so I will check into this!
I have the same problem in mine and it is only a year old. Most likely happened during trailering for me (from flapping in the wind as the cover seems too big and does not hold the fabric tight). There are reinforcements in the fabric were it rubs the connection points when closed, but clearly not enough (you would have to guess to align them up as it is nowhere explained). I would not tow with the Bimini in the tower anymore (even closed). My previous '14 Scarab had a bullet proof Bimini that took thousands of miles of highway trailering (closed) the new design is not as good for this.

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine has the same thing. I think mine happened during a 750 mile round trip while trailering.

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Well that happened to me as we trailered the boat AFTER PURCHASE to drive back from New Orleans to Dallas (8.5 hour drive). We sent photos to the dealer and they us a cover. SO, what did we learn, even if the bimini boot cover is on, we will still use strap ties to keep it from flapping around. But, we have a new cover right away, thank goodness.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the input, scarab said they will replace it, Goes in next week, we will see. Sadly it seems that it must come off if you are trailering or not using it cruise around the lake fast!

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length