• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Coverage

Classic BK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The wife and I are looking at the 2019 sx195 and AR 195. We like the seating configuration of the AR and also like the look of the wake board tower. The only thing we are concerned with is the Bimini of the AR. We feel like the SX has more coverage with its Bimini. We went and looked at both boats in person, but it was still hard to tell if one was bigger than the other (AR Bimini vs SX Bimini). I looked at the manual for both boats and couldn't find dimensions of the Bimini. My wife is not totally on board with the AR because of the Bimini (she likes shade). Does anyone have diminsions they can share? Are there options that can provide more shade?

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We got the SX for ease of putting into garage and more shade. Only have one child and she’s not going to be a wakeboard addict

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I wish this post was up a few months ago as I bought the tailormade anchor shade III for when we are out on the sandbars. It does the job with some mods and extra money, but I sure do like the one that @Chris D has posted.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I wish this post was up a few months ago as I bought the tailormade anchor shade III for when we are out on the sandbars. It does the job with some mods and extra money, but I sure do like the one that @Chris D has posted.
I'm running the AnchorShade III right now. I'll be getting the Oceansouth.us version for next season.

@Classic BK To answer your question directly. The bimini on our '17 AR190 will cover the entire cockpit area at high noon when the sun is high. As the sun sets the angle of the sun lets some light into cockpit area, and coverage isn't complete. We have an 8yr old and a 15mo old. It's not hard to find shade for them during the day. A bimini extension or umbrella extends that even further. We were out in 102deg heat index this past weekend without anyone "feeling hot" most of the day. We also carry a 12V fan for the little one, but honestly rarely use it. I can get some measurements the next time I have it up (this coming weekend).

Worst part of the bimini is the rain. It is about 2-3in shy of dripping on the windshield instead of the steering wheel. That is super agitating. It also drips off the sides of the bimini INSIDE the windshield on the sides of the boat. Would've been nice to keep those drips to the outside of the boat in the rain, and wouldn't have cost much in additional fabric.

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ChrisD what size shade did you get the smaller or the larger? I have an AR-190 and I also use the Taylor made III and wish I saw your post before I got the Taylor made. I saw there is a 67 x 67" or a 67 x 82", Thanks for the help.

Mig.guilarte

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@chisD what is the size that fit on ar 190? Or 195 models?

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I see its been a few seasons that you have had this extension@Chris D. Any updates, regrets or still stand by it. We are looking into getting something soon for our AR195

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see its been a few seasons that you have had this extension@Chris D. Any updates, regrets or still stand by it. We are looking into getting something soon for our AR195
Hi, just one minor change. I added fishing rod holders to the rear cup holders. Everything else works great.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the same issue when moving from a 230 SX (no tower) to a 242 ls (forward swept tower). That is, the SX Bimini covered the entire cockpit from the windshield edge to the rear cockpit seat back cushions. Whereas the Bimini on the 242 only covered the pilot and co-pilot.

I understand/think that towered boats need to have shorter Bimini tops to account for the tow rope sloping downwards but it still sucks, especially on the 242 which gives me the option to increase the height at the rear of the Bimini so that the tow line can run under it instead of on top of it.

my solution was to have a custom extension created that was modeled on the oem extension for 210a and 230s. I had three made over the years all of them over $500 but if so worth the money spent and easily my family and friends favorite upgrade on those 100 plus degree days. What nice about the extension is I can keep it deployed at speed. It also allows me to keep the Bimini attached to the tower instead of inzipping all four flaps before putting a boot on it.

tonydguez85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife and I are looking at the 2019 sx195 and AR 195. We like the seating configuration of the AR and also like the look of the wake board tower. The only thing we are concerned with is the Bimini of the AR. We feel like the SX has more coverage with its Bimini. We went and looked at both boats in person, but it was still hard to tell if one was bigger than the other (AR Bimini vs SX Bimini). I looked at the manual for both boats and couldn't find dimensions of the Bimini. My wife is not totally on board with the AR because of the Bimini (she likes shade). Does anyone have diminsions they can share? Are there options that can provide more shade?
Hi I have a AR 195 and I am looking a Bimini like this
Can you tell where did you buy it
Thanks

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi, just one minor change. I added fishing rod holders to the rear cup holders. Everything else works great.
Did you get the 15 degree or 30 degree rod/cup holders?

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did you get the 15 degree or 30 degree rod/cup holders?
Also when you installed the new cup/rod holder did you plug the drain holes or did you find a hose to connect them

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also when you installed the new cup/rod holder did you plug the drain holes or did you find a hose to connect them
Not my boat or question......however, I did this on my AR190 and it helped keep a significant amount of water out of the boat.

Kids on/off the platform all day with no way to drain those cupholders overboard had the bilge running every few minutes. This keeps the cupholders clean and the water on the OUTSIDE of the boat.