• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cancelled crossings

BX_Cowboy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Planning a morning crossing March 12th out of haul over inlet heading over to Resort World for weekend. And some trolling in area, anyone interested welcome.
Any thoughts on timing, I hear March is a calm month, can catch some smooth water early in the morning?...

Anyone with experience please share.
Thanks

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont know for sure BUT
I live in Fort Pierce Fl.
The haul haulover inlet can be one of the nastiest inlets if the tide is flowing against the ocean swells! Check YouTube haulover videos ( other inlets do this too!) Be flexible with your departure times and try to leave when it's more calm.
Another major point: winds are still coming from NW and NE colliding with current/gulf stream from the south. Winds up to 20.
I find that ocean conditions are not great alot of times.
Please update us with your actual findings- I hope you have a great trip and stay safe

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is the miami nearshore buoy. Wouldn't catch me out in that especially with that wave/period ratio of close to 1. And you'll be fighting a nasty headwind.

1615394459490.png

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Planning a morning crossing March 12th out of haul over inlet heading over to Resort World for weekend. And some trolling in area, anyone interested welcome.
Any thoughts on timing, I hear March is a calm month, can catch some smooth water early in the morning?...

Anyone with experience please share.
Thanks
If you are planning on still going don't hesitate to turn around if it gets too bad out there especially if your going on your own. From the post this would be your first time crossing and if conditions are as posted above I would find another day with better weather and go with at least a small group. Don't let reservations and a possible loss of $$ dictate your decision. It's a LOT easier to recover from some lost $$ as opposed to lost lives.