• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Extension for 2005 SX230

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You may have to either extend or a shorten both poles and straps, as that kit is made for the later hulls, Bob @BravoMike . But like @Glassman advises, if it has a zipper, it will mate to your Bimini top. Mine 2012 240 has the zipper too, but I doubly the poles,straps would work the same on it.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a little history with the bimini extension. I first saw it as an available accessory when I was deciding on my original purchase back in '04. I had them include it in my deal along with many other goodies - bow cover, extra table and pole, etc.

It wasn't delivered with the boat - I found out that the one I saw was a prototype. They hadn't even made any for sale yet. It was well over a year, may have been two, before I finally got it.
The dealer had even changed hands and I had to keep following up to make sure I wasn't forgotten.

Turns out - when it arrived - it only had the half zipper on the extension and I had no corresponding half zipper on my bimini. They then proclaimed/explained that it was not designed for the AR.
Yamaha put me in touch with Commercial Sewing, the OEM manufacturer for the canvas and vinyl. They sent a zipper at no charge and I had my shop install it.

You can adjust the straps easily and the pole/foot placement is pretty much "put it where you like it" type of scenario since there were no directions with mine. That's a good thing too, because I had already modified my bimini height considerably and I needed to make the extension sit lower than depicted in that link above.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Again...just more great jetboater ingenuity!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the input guys. After speaking with Mel on the phone about his Bimini extension (previous boat), and talking to Chris (Phil Dill Parts) decided to buy the extension. Hopefully it will all come together and not cost me a lot of extra $$$ to make it work. Picking it up Friday.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool deal! Glad everything worked out!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Picked up the extension today. Everything looks brand new! Next is visiting Chris at Phil Dill parts to see what he has to make it work.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My stock 2005 bimini already has a zipper along the back to attach the extension on....does yours not? Pretty sure you just zip it on, put up the poles and attach the straps to the stern cleats.....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The one he bought @Julian , did not have the pole base mounts or the strap clip mounts as the guy had sold the boat with them on it. But most all of us have the zipper on the aft edge of the bimini, even mine!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My stock 2005 bimini already has a zipper along the back to attach the extension on....does yours not? Pretty sure you just zip it on, put up the poles and attach the straps to the stern cleats.....
@Julian my Bimini has the zipper on the back as well. As @txav8r mentioned, all I need is a base to attach the poles to the hull and the something to attach the straps.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian have a question totally unrelated to this post. If remember correctly from the previous forum, don't you have Polk db651's installed in your bow, in front of the buckets, and db691's installed in the U shaped seating? I have the exact same speakers and want to do the same. Any problems with the 651's fitting in the bow?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@BravoMike Yes I put 651s in the bow, but I put Polk 6x9s in the U shaped seating area for better bass response. They were a tight fit in the bow, but not hard to accomplish.

I'll see if I can find the photos I took while installing them

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the link @Julian. Exactly what I am doing with my boat. The db691's are the Polk 6x9's. Are you happy with the bass response from the 6x9's? Not really wanting to add Sub to the boat, but I do enjoy good bass. Last question, I promise. What was the reason behind placing your amp in the back versus in the storage under the HU?

Axeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat is the exact same model and color and I have been searching for the Bimini extension in blue as well... I do have the zipper on my top. Any ideas where one is available? or any other options you found?