• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini for AR230 (2008)

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone buy an aftermarket Bimini for their 07-09 AR230 tower? I’ve scanned through some threads but haven’t had any luck with any follow up posts with pictures of how well they fit. I know I can get the factory one but it’s pretty pricey compared to getting a bigger stationary one. Going to pull the trigger soon on one that attaches above or below the tower, just want to be sure! Thanks in advance.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone buy an aftermarket Bimini for their 07-09 AR230 tower? I’ve scanned through some threads but haven’t had any luck with any follow up posts with pictures of how well they fit. I know I can get the factory one but it’s pretty pricey compared to getting a bigger stationary one. Going to pull the trigger soon on one that attaches above or below the tower, just want to be sure! Thanks in advance.
just fyi, 2008 has a different OEM bimini than 2007, it's much smaller,

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t want the OEM, I want an aftermarket one that attaches to the tower. I assume that the tower dimensions were all the same for 07-09 AR230s, if so I’m just looking for anyone that has the aftermarket on their towers to see how well they worked out for them. Thanks for the info so far guys

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry I misread your initial post, my OEM bimini is starting to tear and had that stuck in my mind as fabric replacement not whole new frame/fabric

I don't remember any members getting an after market add on,

Interested to see what you end up with as my '07 frame poles are not telescoping correctly and may need to be replaced,

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We did go custom aftermarket Bimini, cockpit and bow covers. However we did use the original telescoping frame. Going custom will give you the oppertunity to install extra zippers to hang side shade curtains or an isinglass foul weather windshield or extend the bimini forward or aft with zip on canvas extensions. I got rid of the push buttons on the telescoping poles and use pins instead. We really like our shades and they add a bit of privacy too.

20170801_153255_001.jpg

20180623_150817.jpg

Love Orange boats.

Last edited: