• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 1-8 2019 - Others welcome to join us - This trip is ON!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am now looking at July 1-8. I have secured a condo and slip at Bimini Sands and am taking the risk that this will all work out! The condo I have is 2 units and I am looking to "sublet" the 1 bedroom unit to anyone that would like to join us on this trip. The Unit number is 3F which from the map you will see is on the beach pretty close to the pool. $1500 seems like a fair price for the whole week.

The owner was just there and says the pool is open and clean and the restaurant is open. I am going to discuss with her that if the pool isn't open, we will get a significant discount!

I will be going with my Brother, Nephew (20), and Daughter (14). We will be hitting Honeymoon harbor to swim with the rays (likely twice), the sapona, the light house, the plane wreck and hopefully catching some decent snapper!

Hit me up in a conversation if you are interested and ready to commit. <@Sbrown has taken the condo?>

Anyone is welcome to Join us on this trip!

Our itinerary will be:

• June 30th drive down to FL and stay at a local hotel - most likely Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft.Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port . (we won't be slipping overnight)
  • July 1- get up early (like 6am ish) and drive to the Harbor Town Marina ramp, launch, park the cars and take off (8-9am ish). Will either park the cars at Harbor Town or drive over to the normal Airport parking and Uber back (Self Park FLL Economy Airport Parking Lot)
  • July 8- return to FL.
Attending:

@Julian
@Sbrown
@Christiana
@Wytiger

Maybe:
@Yamaha212limiteds
@Aneura

Attachments

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hopefully catching some decent snapper!
I mean, if you're trying to invite me, you could've just texted. You know you need me there for that to happen :p

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like @Sbrown will be joining this mini trip!

Bumping in case anyone else is looking to tag along. We have secured condos as Bimini Sands, have confirmed the pool is open and clean, and have slips.

No Motel 6 this year, looking at the Homewood Suites Fort Lauderdale.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like @Sbrown will be joining this mini trip!

Bumping in case anyone else is looking to tag along. We have secured condos as Bimini Sands, have confirmed the pool is open and clean, and have slips.

No Motel 6 this year, looking at the Homewood Suites Fort Lauderdale.
Also avoid a place called The Forum in Ft Lauderdale. Creepiest place I have ever stayed. I truly think it was some sort of former medical facility with elevators designed for gurneys and such. Clean, sterile clean and creepy. This is coming from a guy who has passed out on a bench in the Munich train station during Octoberfest, slept in the middle of the woods in a hammock, and made proper use of a game hoist. In other words in takes a lot to creep/weird me out.

They certainly game all of the review and booking sites. My review was taken down within mintues from the booking site I used. Long story in how we came to spend the night there. Did I mention it was creepy like Stephen King creepy? Even my S&W under my pillow did not make me feel much better.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No Motel 6 this year
But why? That place was full of class, and very secure. I mean, and I quote - "but did you die?"

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
But why? That place was full of class, and very secure. I mean, and I quote - "but did you die?"
When we arrived and I asked "Can we park on the East side and have a room over there",
The reply was "I'm afraid not, we had a little accident over there and those rooms are closed"
Me "Uh....accident? As in?" (me thinking shooting)
Receptionist "Ummmm...." clearly she's thinking how do I word this "Well....lets just say someone tried to park their car in their room"
Me "I assume alcohol was involved"
Receptionist "Clearly"

That, and the bank vault style payment window and door were a dead giveaway! And I called in advance to ask about the place "Yes, we are a nice family oriented hotel"
I kept expecting to look outside and see this:
1553177197566.png

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It took us 8 tries to get 2 clean rooms. And by clean, I don't mean Ritz-Carlton clean, I just mean no cigarette ashes on the table and no moldy sheets on the beds.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
for sure we will "cross fire" somewhere in the ocean, the group plan to leave 0600 from Bahia Mar, and depend on when you return from BS, it will be fun and risk ? to see both high speed group getting closer to each other from USCG's radar , lol ......

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
for sure we will "cross fire" somewhere in the ocean, the group plan to leave 0600 from Bahia Mar, and depend on when you return from BS, it will be fun and risk ? to see both high speed group getting closer to each other from USCG's radar , lol ......
We are staying until the 8th (weather permitting), so depending on when the next group arrives, we should have 1/2 to 1.5 days together in Bimini.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where are you guys launching your boat and parking your truck/trailer?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where are you guys launching your boat and parking your truck/trailer?
  • June 30th drive down to FL and stay at a local hotel - most likely Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft.Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port . (we won't be slipping overnight)
  • July 1- get up early (like 6am ish) and drive to the Harbor Town Marina ramp, launch, park the cars and take off (8-9am ish). Will either park the cars at Harbor Town or drive over to the normal Airport parking and Uber back (Self Park FLL Economy Airport Parking Lot)
If you join us on this trip, I will be departing from Tampa with my brother on the 30th, so we could head out together.

Yamaha212limiteds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am now looking at July 1-8. I have secured a condo and slip at Bimini Sands and am taking the risk that this will all work out! The condo I have is 2 units and I am looking to "sublet" the 1 bedroom unit to anyone that would like to join us on this trip. The Unit number is 3F which from the map you will see is on the beach pretty close to the pool. $1500 seems like a fair price for the whole week.

The owner was just there and says the pool is open and clean and the restaurant is open. I am going to discuss with her that if the pool isn't open, we will get a significant discount!

I will be going with my Brother, Nephew (20), and Daughter (14). We will be hitting Honeymoon harbor to swim with the rays (likely twice), the sapona, the light house, the plane wreck and hopefully catching some decent snapper!

Hit me up in a conversation if you are interested and ready to commit. <@Sbrown has taken the condo?>

Anyone is welcome to Join us on this trip!

Our itinerary will be:
  • July 8- return to FL.

Attending:

@Julian
@Sbrown
Anymore condos Available? will like to joint this trip.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm excited to be able to spend my 50th birthday (July 3rd) in Bimini and I am also hoping to see some major fireworks shows.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We’re planning to cross July 1 as well. We have a house with dock in Port Royale on south bimini secured through July 4, so we plan to go back that day.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We’re planning to cross July 1 as well. We have a house with dock in Port Royale on south bimini secured through July 4, so we plan to go back that day.
Cool....let's hope the weather is fantastic!!! Have you crossed before?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I updated the first post with those of you who have said you are or maybe joining in this trip.

Please be sure you have read this thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/
And that your boat is in perfect condition for the crossing, you understand the risks, and have all the right equipment to make this successful (GPS, Marine radios, ditch bags, flexible travel dates etc).

@AJack @Christiana @Yamaha212limiteds - SBrown and I will NOT be departing from the Bahia Mar. We will launch in the morning and depart directly from Harbor Towne. We will be staying at the Homewood Suites FL Airport, and will connect the evening before to make final timing and preparation decisions (wind/rain/wave dependent).

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am a lock with the second group, departing 8 July.

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool....let's hope the weather is fantastic!!! Have you crossed before?
No, this is our first crossing! Also worth mentioning... we have an SX192.

We’ve gone over the preparing for Bimini thread several times and we’re starting to collect things now!