• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2021

ScottyBD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone headed to Bimini In July? Also looking to go for 5 nights and not a full week.

RG1128

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I would love to join a group to Bimini. I’m a long time boater but looking to do the crossing with others for safety. This will be our first crossing. We can leave from Boca, Hillsboro or ft Lauderdale. We are fairly flexible with dates.

ScottyBD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I would love to join a group to Bimini. I’m a long time boater but looking to do the crossing with others for safety. This will be our first crossing. We can leave from Boca, Hillsboro or ft Lauderdale. We are fairly flexible with dates.
Hi we are looking to cross for the first time as well. We might leave around July 10/11 or around the following weekend. We can be flexible in dates too in July We are interested in staying 5 nights.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I may be interested in doing y first crossing this summer too. Please keep me informed. Flexible on dates

gmiked1020

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have reservations for 6.27-7.2.
anyone know who to get in contact with the organizer of that group?

tim maneval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are looking for anyone going Memorial Day weekend time

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Andrew C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We are going in late July, probably 27th to the 31st ish. The dates are flexible. We will be leaving out of Ft. lauderdale with 3 boats so far. But the more the merrier!

Javiso98

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are going in late July, probably 27th to the 31st ish. The dates are flexible. We will be leaving out of Ft. lauderdale with 3 boats so far. But the more the merrier!
Would like to join this group, do you have a thread for the trip?

Andrew C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Would like to join this group, do you have a thread for the trip?
I did not create a thread for the trip. And we have amended the dates. We are shooting for July 24th to the 28th which is a Saturday to Wednesday.

Andrew C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Anyone else going over in late July?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did not create a thread for the trip. And we have amended the dates. We are shooting for July 24th to the 28th which is a Saturday to Wednesday.
i like the days i can do that

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm missing crossing I had planned on 06/26 due to leak in oil cooler.
Ill know more in July but count me in if I'm running.

bryan03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im crossing July 11-18 if those dates work for anyone. Im trailering from Texas so flexible where to leave out of, Except Haulover inlet. I had planned on leaving from Ft Lauderdale but read Key Biscayne or Miami are a little closer/easier??

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im crossing July 11-18 if those dates work for anyone. Im trailering from Texas so flexible where to leave out of, Except Haulover inlet. I had planned on leaving from Ft Lauderdale but read Key Biscayne or Miami are a little closer/easier??

Don't know why people feel Haulover is sketchy.

Haulover is a shorter inlet vs Government Cut or Ft Lauderdale.
Ft Lauderdale is rough and long inlet to open water vs Government Cut in my opinion.

Haulover is your only other option if parking in between. I have been going in/out over 30yrs with skis and boats and is better than the two above.
The ramp I use is one bridge away from Haulover or you can drop in at Haulover Marina and be in IC channel to inlet. At night leaving from Haulover park is easier since IC channel makers have no lights

Key Biscayne has its advantage as you exit ramp you go under bridge straight East into open water. Your starting point is further South though

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don't know why people feel Haulover is sketchy.

Haulover is a shorter inlet vs Government Cut or Ft Lauderdale.
Ft Lauderdale is rough and long inlet to open water vs Government Cut in my opinion.

Haulover is your only other option if parking in between. I have been going in/out over 30yrs with skis and boats and is better than the two above.
The ramp I use is one bridge away from Haulover or you can drop in at Haulover Marina and be in IC channel to inlet. At night leaving from Haulover park is easier since IC channel makers have no lights

Key Biscayne has its advantage as you exit ramp you go under bridge straight East into open water. Your starting point is further South though
I would have guessed that if Port Everglades was worse in terms of wave/current/tide action that there would be lots of videos taken there too.....but it seems Haulover is the favorite spot.....is that because of the nearby beach and bikinis perhaps??? LOL

I've only used Port Everglades 3 times, but it was never flowing like I've seen in the Haulover videos!!! I suspect Port Everglades is a LOT deeper to handle the cruise ships....thus the flow isn't as strong.

Yup.....Port Everglades averages 40 feet deep, while Haulover is only 12 feet deep. I suspect that makes a huge difference in the waves and flow.

Last edited: