• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini June 23-28 2019

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm definitely going, 6/23-6/28. Already booked my condo, booked a flight for the wife and kids (will not tolerate eating 2 foot chop for 2+ hours). I have plenty of salt water experience, come to think of it , I don't think the Yamaha has ever seen fresh water. That said, I have never crossed the gulf stream. Probably crossing with 2 other boats. Getting things situated with the boat. I'll be going down to Fort Lauderdale from Gainesville, FL. All others welcome.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will tag the @Bimini group for you at @Dave Biel these are people who usually have interest in these trips.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I unfortunately won’t be able to do this in June. I am taking the family to Europe mid June. I need to satisfy this condition to be able to do Abacos in 2019.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2 foot chop for 2 hours. Optimistic. Lol.

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ha, I know! That’s best case scenario, and they won’t even tolerate that. So airplane trip for them, while me and a couple buddies take on the gulf stream.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A two hour crossing is a smooth crossing.

Two foot chop is likely to be a three to five hour crossing. If the forecast is more than 2’ or the wind is more than 10 mph I would consider changing your crossing day.

It may be as late as March before we know if Bimini Sands is returning to sanity or not. All the groups that have used Bimini Sands in past years are either in limbo waiting or booking other destinations.

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I booked a total of 3 condos at the Sands for our group through VRBO. No issues that I know of.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I booked a total of 3 condos at the Sands for our group through VRBO. No issues that I know of.
Probably Personally owned units not resort owned units, which would be to your benefit for sure! Hopefully the other amenities are there and in place as well!
The lady running the restaurant was nice and food was pretty good. I would be sure that you can use the gas as that could be a deal breaker if it's shut down that much.
I partly get the idea that they want to service a few bigger boats, not a bunch of little boats. If only I could read minds....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably Personally owned units not resort owned units, which would be to your benefit for sure! Hopefully the other amenities are there and in place as well!
The lady running the restaurant was nice and food was pretty good. I would be sure that you can use the gas as that could be a deal breaker if it's shut down that much.
I partly get the idea that they want to service a few bigger boats, not a bunch of little boats. If only I could read minds....
The Petite Conch is almost closed. Everything else is closed. Water is not flowing in many condos. The marina did not make payroll last month. The rental pool shut down in October, private rentals are still available. The pool builder is suing since he has not been paid.

Slip rentals will need to be made through Peter’s end of the business if he remains.

For whatever reason Peter is doing everything he can to sabotage rentals. The last group there was charged $500 just to use the pool.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Dave Biel, did you rent from Deb in building 3? Those are very nice units.

I would ask the condo owner about arranging slips but I would not push on that until April or May. Hopefully the problems will be resolved by then.

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No not Deb, Building 15 and 10 I believe, Caroline is the owner at building 15.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a map so you can understand the condo placement. There are few owners who have multiple condos.

I have inquired about those units.

38CB47EA-D05F-41F6-8442-D4BA7B90DA2B.jpeg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No not Deb, Building 15 and 10 I believe, Caroline is the owner at building 15.
I stayed in 10 f i think?? It was just ok.
7Q was amazing
Was in 10 due to the 2 days early we arrived

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Building 10 typically is pretty terrible.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Be careful with VRBO that's how me and someone else last year ended up booking the same unit... Only reason We caught it before we showed up was because of the thread we had going. We ended up in 3F through Bimini Sands, it was in great shape but the hot water heater was broken.

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Petite Conch is almost closed. Everything else is closed. Water is not flowing in many condos. The marina did not make payroll last month. The rental pool shut down in October, private rentals are still available. The pool builder is suing since he has not been paid.

Slip rentals will need to be made through Peter’s end of the business if he remains.

For whatever reason Peter is doing everything he can to sabotage rentals. The last group there was charged $500 just to use the pool.
Sounds like both Resorts World and Bimini are headed downhill. A real shame for the small economy of Bimini and its people which rely heavily on the tourism. All of this being inflicted by a few bad actors.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mainah what have you heard recently bout resort world?I figured they were the monster who would swallow all the smaller resorts ... sands, big game club ect

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Different topic, but I noticed that one cruise line, I think princess stops in bimini and was using dock st resort world as the landing spot for tender.

Going to all be commercial soon :/

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wisefam22, cruise ships have pulled RW back from the brink of failure before.

RW is shuttering for maintenance in January. A government press release portrayed that as a long shutdown. RW says it is only a few weeks. We will only know if they reopen.

RW lost one lawsuit recently and will likely loose more to the Bimini Bay condo owners.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's sad. I'll make the trip one day, but with so much uncertainty this year wife opted for different plans.

RW needs to be there for cruise ships to be entertained I imagine, but at same time without having made the trip seems like it has taken away from alot of the island.

Was bimini bay there before RW? I was under impression it was part of resort world.