• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top

Silverredx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome Jet boaters New to the forum, but I’m sure this will be a old thread. I just purchased a 2001 Yamaha LS 2000 unfortunately it did not come with a bikini top. By any chance is there one compatible on the market other than OEM that will fit with the existing brackets on the boats.Thxs

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry , couldn't resist being a smart a** ! I'm sure you meant bimini and spell check messed you up ? Sometimes spell check is not all its cracked up to be. I have no knowledge about aftermarket biminis but other members will. Good Luck.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bimini, Bikini they are both seen at the cockpit and have their own purpose of providing shade.

20210508_075639.jpg

Do you have a bimini frame? A canvas shop can make a bimini cover and frame up pretty quickly, if they are not already booked for the Summer.
Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Silverredx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I didn’t even notice the spelling lol next time I will keep my glasses on lol , no I do not have the frame

Guy in a Boat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2012 242LS and the top is a little worn. I am looking for a black bimini top. Can anyone tell me the best place to get that?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2012 242LS and the top is a little worn. I am looking for a black bimini top. Can anyone tell me the best place to get that?
I just sent you the contact that someone sent me when I had the same question. I haven’t followed through with it yet but I intend to. Hope this helps.

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bimini, Bikini they are both seen at the cockpit and have their own purpose of providing shade.

View attachment 149271

Do you have a bimini frame? A canvas shop can make a bimini cover and frame up pretty quickly, if they are not already booked for the Summer.
Welcome to the forum.
Just be sure to get a boot (storage cover) for the bimini canvas, as well - whether you get a Yamaha replacement or a custom-made canvas. You will always want to stow the canvas and secure it when trailering the boat. Without a good boot, your new canvas will shred/tear in the wind.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just be sure to get a boot (storage cover) for the bimini canvas, as well - whether you get a Yamaha replacement or a custom-made canvas. You will always want to stow the canvas and secure it when trailering the boat. Without a good boot, your new canvas will shred/tear in the wind.
I don't get boots with a bikini, but hey to each their own.:cool:

Guy in a Boat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just sent you the contact that someone sent me when I had the same question. I haven’t followed through with it yet but I intend to. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the contact, George is a good person to speak with.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just spoke with George, he is building a replacement top and repairing my custom boot for my 2010 242 ls. He is happy to have members here referred to him, I hope he joins this forum. Anyway, if he doesn’t have a template of your top already he is still willing to build you one but may need or want the original to use as a template.

Guy in a Boat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was able to have my current top repaired at a local seamstress. George seems like a good guy, I would recommend him to anyone.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lost my Bimini Boot Cover...wow listed at $200..anyone have another option?

djhanaks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just spoke with George, he is building a replacement top and repairing my custom boot for my 2010 242 ls. He is happy to have members here referred to him, I hope he joins this forum. Anyway, if he doesn’t have a template of your top already he is still willing to build you one but may need or want the original to use as a template.
can you share this contact info with me?