• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm getting a head start this year and we have already booked our trip for Bimini in 2021. We will be departing Bahia Mar Sunday June 27 to cross to Bimini and will be returning on Friday July 2nd. We are staying at Resort World this year as I have a bunch of family joining me who are not very keen on being on the boat all day so at least over there they will have other things to do while I out on the boat. All are welcome to join us but this will be a loosely organized trip more of a group crossing. I will tag a few who maybe interested in joining and if you are interested let me know in this thread and I will try to keep track of who is going. If you do book lodging make sure they have a good cancellation policy as we never know right now with all the things going on if the trip will be allowed.

Here are a few key points to think about.
  • As the Captain you are responsible for your boat and crew to safely make it to Bimini and back to Ft Lauderdale, this is your priority #1 assisting other boaters comes second.
  • All on board your boat must be able to sit comfortably behind the windshield. Do not plan on having anyone sit in the bow area, in my 12 legs to and from the Bahamas (6 trips), only once has the conditions been nice enough to sit in the bow.
  • All heavy cargo should be secured behind the windshield, either secured on the deck or in under seat storage areas.
  • Unless your anchor locker is heavily padded or you are extremely confident your anchor is secured in the anchor locker, for the crossings pull the anchor from anchor locker and secure in an under seat storage area, it will not be needed on the crossing. Anchors in the anchor locker have punctured through hulls during past trips.
Once you and your crew have decided you want to join our June trip, here is a list of things you need to get done.

Outline of key items for the trip that you need to do.
  1. Each person will need a passport
  2. Room reservation at the Bahia Mar Hotel,
  3. Slip reservation at the Bahia Mar Marina with launch location
  4. Condo reservation at Bimini Sands, Resort World or somewhere else of your choosing
  5. Filling out the Bahamas customs form
  6. Filling out a Bahamas Immigration form
  7. Clearing US Customs and Border Protection

Bahamas Travel Health Visa

Bahamas Travel Health Visa.
travel.gov.bs
travel.gov.bs

Click2Clear-Coming soon
Coming Soon - Click2Clear
www.bahamascustoms.gov.bs
www.bahamascustoms.gov.bs

@Bimini @veedubtek @Andy S @1948Isaac @tim h @Bruce @Wisefam22 @DieselCamel @swatski @Shookie @Jack Long @Mainah @ThatJeepGuy @Berrie @bronze_10 @Gofish206 @Ramblin Wreck

Confirmed Participants
  1. @robert843
  2. @veedubtek
  3. @tim h
  4. @Babin Farms
  5. @Gofish206
  6. @D_Booker
  7. @Bizywk
  8. @James R Whitten
  9. @Slapjaw
  10. @Valerie
  11. @Five Faces
  12. @VaMarine
  13. @jayasaki138
  14. @ifly4fun
  15. @svana
  16. @jctaylor
  17. @Papa Erp
  18. @Lee H
  19. @ThatJeepGuy
  20. @Skroggy66
  21. @Wes Walley
  22. @doublej3
  23. @FLJetBoater
  24. @gmiked1020
  25. @Ggordon3321
  26. @Av8tor07
  27. @leonard delia
  28. @BX_Cowboy
  29. @Andy S
  30. @amccoy
  31. @LayneG
  32. @Nexus

Can't Make it now:

Regarding Dock space at Bimini Cove - a few points.
  • If you arrive before 6/27 docking will be an issue because of the paddle for a cure.
  • @James R Whitten has pre-reserved docking for people signed up by 3/8 - see the tracking sheet in the private chat- there is a column for this.
  • We have a group booking rate (see the private chat for the rate) with no minimum length requirement + 19.5% tax.
  • We've been dealing with Nichelle Roberts at nichelle1242@gmail.com. Anyone booking after 3/8 should email her directly to get added to the list and tell her you are with Jetboaters.net.

Last edited by a moderator:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We would love to go... but we will need to wait till clowns to the event. Jan or Feb. We were talking about it the other day... please keep us in the chat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the invite!

Yes, we will be going again this upcoming year but we will be in our Power Catamaran!

Lol, still healing from the Exuma trip in July!
I bet I tell you what you were a trooper for sure I would not have wanted to be doing that in my Yam this year. Did your friends get there boats back out of Bimini?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Watching, but the only downside is this schedule would leave me on the road on July 4th as I typically stop in Tampa for a day....but perhaps we'll head out a day or two earlier as that is only 5 nights and we typically do 6 or 7 nights.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like it might be doable. Leaving Florida on our 12 year anniversary. Will start talking to wife

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m not ruling it out, and timing may work out well for us.
We are currently looking at maybe an Abacos trip early June, but this trip may be an option as well.
3 days of towing each way remains the biggest obstacle for us.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 we are looking for places to stay. We will be bringing the 3 kids (wife might cross with them on ferry). As long as no issues come up with work we will be joining yall.

We will probably look at staying at Resort World so our kids (7,6,4) at time of trip will have some people to hang with once done on boat for the day.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 we are looking for places to stay. We will be bringing the 3 kids (wife might cross with them on ferry). As long as no issues come up with work we will be joining yall.

We will probably look at staying at Resort World so our kids (7,6,4) at time of trip will have some people to hang with once done on boat for the day.
Keep me posted I maybe able to help with docking at resort world the house I rented has 110 ft of docking there and a pool in the back yard so its great for kids.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Add me to the list, still a little early but this is one of my goals for next season.

Also, plan to have my 3 and 8 yr olds with us.

Not sure if we will still be in the 19ft or if we will upgrade before to the 24 (or 25?) but I’m going either way if logistics works out!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any word on how bimini sands is now? Or how it will be in 21... @Bruce ?
Bimini Sands has not had much improvement. There was a botched repair job on the infinity pool that will likely be repeated. The Bahamas are currently locked down for two weeks before resuming a two week quarantine for visiting Americans.

Perhaps they use this time to accomplish a lot but I think it is more likely that little happens until 2021.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My understanding is the pool is fixed....perhaps there is more they want to do?
They also built a 2nd level wood deck that provides an area of shade, and have redone the reception building (all new floors, counters etc). So some progress, but slower than they wanted. Certainly not the ideal year to be taking over a "hotel" type property!

They have added resort fees to both rentals and docking....

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As of our trip the 11th-18th of July:
  • The infinity pool was open and appeared to be fully functional and in perfect shape, although it's possible that there were unseen issues with plumbing or other mechanicals.
  • When we were there there was no additional deck at the infinity pool
  • Dining at the infinity pool was open for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. We only ate there twice but it was good both times. Several locals came for lunch everyday during the week, so it appears to be popular.
  • As Julian mentioned the reception/check in office appeared to be recently remodeled
  • They were working on remodeling what I assume was the ship's store behind the check in office while we were there. They made substantial progress the week we were there, including a 2nd level deck around a good chunk of the building which may be what Julian was referring to.
  • The small pool by the office was drained of water. There was no obvious damage but it appeared in need of a refresh
  • Dockage rates did increase to $2.75/lf with a 30 ft minimum. This was quite a bit more than I had planned for, but compared with other rates I've seen for Bimini docking, still a good price. All docks and power/water pedestals appeared to be in good shape.
  • We were not charged any resort fees on our room (AirBNB) but were charged resort fees on dockage
  • No-see-ums were pretty rough a couple nights (dead calm wind). We had an ocean front, so weren't close to the inland lake. Unsure if they are spraying.
  • Fuel was not available the first two days we were there so we had to go to the north island to fuel up. We arrive on a Saturday.
Again, this was my first time at the Sands/Cove, so we have nothing to compare with, but we were completely happy with the accommodations and amenities and had no complaints other than they had no ice on site (they said their machine was broken) and we had to walk up to the liquor store by the ferry to get ice one day. We did stay in an AirBNB (Bimini Brad's) so for the room we only dealt with the staff to get the keys.

Bimini Cove has finally updated their website. It sat half finished for many months. They list room and dockage rates now. It does appear prices have went up compared with years past, but that has been expected. Bimini Cove, Stuart, Florida, FL

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’m not ruling it out, and timing may work out well for us.
We are currently looking at maybe an Abacos trip early June, but this trip may be an option as well.
3 days of towing each way remains the biggest obstacle for us.
I hope you are Enjoying the summer in your boat @Berrie . Still my dream to hit Abacos and Exumas.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thank you @robert843 for the thread. I recently sold my chaparral signature 270. I am on a holding pattern now for a new boat, preferably an offshore boat. I need a boat that can Safely take me to abacos and exumas so will keep researching on the same. If I get my boat before next June I will definitely join the bimini trip.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hope you are Enjoying the summer in your boat @Berrie . Still my dream to hit Abacos and Exumas.
Hi @Amar Nanduri , we have spent many weekends on the boat, it has been good. The new engines run like a top. We really enjoy the marina we're at.
A few small electrical gremlins, but that's normal with an older boat.

At this moment - other than this trip - we are considering leaving West Palm Beach or Stuart on June 9 to go to Abacos, returning on June 15 or 16.
But like I said before, the 3 days towing each way is a major factor.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian, my understanding is that the pool bottom repair failed but they reopened the pool as is and plan to correct the repair this winter.

There was debate as to how much to open Bimini Sands during the pandemic. I do not know what was decided but I expect they are running with a skeleton crew.