• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Black Smudges from Windshield

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Another question from the newbie. Removed windshield from 190 FSH Deluxe and left on the boat’s deck as I am keeping the boat in garage to make modifications to the boat. I have been moving the mirror around as necessary. Have noticed black smudges appearing around the deck as I worked and moved the mirror around. Not concerned I Associated the back smudges to shoes and not the windshield. Today I reached a break point in the modifications effort and proceeded to clean boat. To my surprise the black smudges were extremely difficult to remove and I was able to determine they came from the black lower portion of the windshield. Only way I was able to remove the smudges was by using Goog Off. No matter how much I clean and wipe that black portion of the windshield it continues to leave smudges. Has anyone else seen this and if they have how have they handled/cleaned/stored the windshield?

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I get the same black marks. Mostly around the console where the windshield rubs or on the deck when I take it off to garage her. Like most smudges I've found (thanks to @JetBoatPilot) that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works great at removing any marks.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Soft scrub with bleach is my go to stain remover. Sounds like the rubber seal is deteriorating prematurely like hydroturf sometimes does. Might be worth a discussion with the dealer about a possible warranty claim.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Another question from the newbie. Removed windshield from 190 FSH Deluxe and left on the boat’s deck as I am keeping the boat in garage to make modifications to the boat. I have been moving the mirror around as necessary. Have noticed black smudges appearing around the deck as I worked and moved the mirror around. Not concerned I Associated the back smudges to shoes and not the windshield. Today I reached a break point in the modifications effort and proceeded to clean boat. To my surprise the black smudges were extremely difficult to remove and I was able to determine they came from the black lower portion of the windshield. Only way I was able to remove the smudges was by using Goog Off. No matter how much I clean and wipe that black portion of the windshield it continues to leave smudges. Has anyone else seen this and if they have how have they handled/cleaned/stored the windshield?
I got tired of cleaning it up as I take off the windshield to park the boat in my garage. Simple solution for me was to cover the black portion of the windshield with black gaffers tape. It's very resilient and has been on there for over 6 months without peeling off or having any issues.