• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue 2019 AR190

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone been able to get their hands on a new blue AR190?

I have been talking to the dealer for about a month now trying to get one and they still have not received and don’t really know when they will. They have had a black one the whole time but I really would rather have the blue.

I’m just watching the nice days go by without a boat!

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am waiting over a month for my blue SX190. I put a deposit and was #1 on the waiting list. I have not seen anyone with one yet but if it doesnt come by November i will cancel and in march drive ti Florida and bring one back.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is not uncommon for car manufacturers to make batches of similar models for a couple months at a time then switch. Maybe they order the gelcoat by the tank car! I believe their yearly output there is only a few hundred boats total.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still waiting for my SX190.... maybe they will throw in a cockpit heater so i can use the boat by the time it gets here.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received good news today, truck driver confirmed he will be delivering the boat tomorrow mid day and I hope to be on the water by Saturday afternoon! Also, they threw in the delux mooring cover to sweeten the deal.

Hopefully this means yours is not far behind!

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW, the shipping covers have really changed. Cover the tower now. That's interesting.

See if they will throw the shipping cover AND the brackets for the tower in with the deal. We got the cover, but wish we would have gotten the brackets as well.

Ohyea.....congrats on the new boat too!

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW, the shipping covers have really changed. Cover the tower now. That's interesting.

See if they will throw the shipping cover AND the brackets for the tower in with the deal. We got the cover, but wish we would have gotten the brackets as well.

Ohyea.....congrats on the new boat too!
What are the brackets you are speaking of? I did get the shipping cover and Deluxe mooring cover is Being shipped to me as well.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are the brackets you are speaking of? I did get the shipping cover and Deluxe mooring cover is Being shipped to me as well.
Brackets are used between the tower base and the tower itself during shipping. There's a picture of mine floating around somewhere. I'll find it when I get back to a PC.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These are the shipping tower brackets they use. Most dealers toss them when the setup the boat for the lot.

image.jpeg

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20181006_141034.jpg So my blue SX190 came in today. Will take delivery next week. Few notes. I was able to get a better apr% loan then yamaha was offering so i am taking the extra year warranty. The shipping cover is pretty good if u are keeping the boat outdoors. Good protection from the sun and elements. Great service from Marinemax. They too me out for a test drive showed me all the features, taught me how to dock. The connext system has an hour meter as well as hours since last service. The boat is huge compared to the 19' Tahoe q5 we used to own. Very comfortable cruising at 25 mph, noise not an issue. Because the bow doesnt rise it feels like you are crawling if you are coming from a stern drive. At idle speed you can spin the boat 360 degrees in about 25-30 feet. They threw in a full tank of gas, fenders, dock lines, life vests, safety equipment,

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 84079 So my blue SX190 came in today. Will take delivery next week. Few notes. I was able to get a better apr% loan then yamaha was offering so i am taking the extra year warranty. The shipping cover is pretty good if u are keeping the boat outdoors. Good protection from the sun and elements. Great service from Marinemax. They too me out for a test drive showed me all the features, taught me how to dock. The connext system has an hour meter as well as hours since last service. The boat is huge compared to the 19' Tahoe q5 we used to own. Very comfortable cruising at 25 mph, noise not an issue. Because the bow doesnt rise it feels like you are crawling if you are coming from a stern drive. At idle speed you can spin the boat 360 degrees in about 25-30 feet. They threw in a full tank of gas, fenders, dock lines, life vests, safety equipment,

The space on these boats is crazy. That’s one of the main reasons I wanted one. When you look at any other I/O it seems like there is just so little room.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So maiden voyage!

We went out for about an hour and half, it was very enjoyable. Cruising around 30mph was comfortable, engine noise level was not really that loud, but I see why you would want to upgrade the sound system. You had to turn it all the way up just to barely hear it in the captains chair.

So we had three “Oops” moments.

1st. Wife hasn’t practiced backing a trailer in a long time, good thing it was a quite night. After about 15 mins I docked the boat and went to help her back it down the ramp...time for the parking lot course.

2nd. I have docked my buddy’s boat a few times at this dock and have had no issues with damage or anything when lightly bumping the dock. So I felt like a front fender was not needed I could just put the side one and be good. Well, I was wrong. Came in just hair faster than wanted and I was lucky enough to find the 3 inch spot where the wood was broken and rubber guard was missing. Put a pretty good scratch on the boat. Looks like it is down to the fiberglass.

Not sure how to repair, any advice appreciated.
088E89CC-9DA3-4101-A9A8-5C0286AC043D.jpeg
5076E407-F76E-4544-9C6E-D03E522B594F.jpeg

3rd when we came back to the dock to let my wife off to go get the truck. We got lucky, the side fender fell off 100 feet before the dock and we didn’t notice untill I was hooking the front cleet. Fortunately the bump rail on the dock this time saved us and I went back and picked up the fender during that 15 mins of backing the trailer up.

All in all it was a blast and we can’t wait for many more trips. Hopefully starting tomorrow!

2A34AD30-2F49-4B9E-B264-0B548B6AB9A7.jpeg

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!

These "Oops" moments aren't fun. But, they are valuable learning experiences that we ALL experience and create lasting memories that you will never forget.

I don't even want to think about the "Oops" moment, damage and/or entertainment that would happen if I had my wife try to back the trailer in the water!

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!

These "Oops" moments aren't fun. But, they are valuable learning experiences that we ALL experience and create lasting memories that you will never forget.

I don't even want to think about the "Oops" moment, damage and/or entertainment that would happen if I had my wife try to back the trailer in the water!
Thanks!

My wife and myself both want her to able to do everything with the boat. From launching to retrieving and even the cleaning!

The oops moments are definitely good learning experiences. Having the fenders on are a simple task that saves lots of damage! On the bright Side, now I get to learn how to repair Fiberglas/gel coat.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brackets are used between the tower base and the tower itself during shipping. There's a picture of mine floating around somewhere. I'll find it when I get back to a PC.
These are the shipping tower brackets they use. Most dealers toss them when the setup the boat for the lot.

View attachment 84071

So just put the shipping cover on for the expected rain tonight.

I can’t say thank you enough for telling me to get these pieces.

I wasn’t sure where they went so we just put the cover on. With only the front anti-pooling pole the cockpit area was a crazy hole for water to pool.

We figured out how those go on and they make a HUGE difference now the water will not pool in the cockpit area.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scratch can be fixed. Search for Spectrum gel coat repair.
Thanks, I was just reading that post and looked up the kit.

Do you think the white from 2018 is the same as the 2019? 19 isn’t listed yet.