1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

Blue LEDs are dead!

Discussion in 'Scarab Jet Boats' started by Dominic Sevigny, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Dominic Sevigny

Dominic Sevigny Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    Hi,

I have 3 speakers where the blue LEDs are dead! I wanted to know if the problem was the wiring or a burned LEDs. I checked the voltage of one of them and it was 0V. After a couple of manipulations with the voltmeter, I lost all LEDs in the boat! Fuse? I tried to see if something happen at the fuse box but I don't know where I must look, etc...

First, how to resolve the fuse problem? I'm sure that the problem is there at least for LEDs who was working before I used my voltmeter.

Second, is it possible that the LEDs on the speakers are dead? Wiring?

Scarab 195 HO Impulse!

Thanks for your help.
    Dominic

2. Murf'n'surf

Murf'n'surf Jetboaters Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,582 / 27
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Sounds like you accidentally crossed the - &+ wires and popped a fuse. I have no clue where it would be on your boat but I would assume the led controller is near your head unit under the dash. It's probably a small in-line fuse inside a black cover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dominic Sevigny

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    Does anyone have the fuse box wiring diagram or just know where is located the fuse? It's weird because all others DC stuff in the boat are working correctly. A single fuse just for that, no sense!

Thanks for your help.

4. Elio195HOI

Elio195HOI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 10
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    Mine burned out as well. It looked like a small circuit board that's unprotected and had salt build up on it causing them to die.

5. txav8r

txav8r Jetboaters Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 18
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    You absolutely should have LED's fused separate from everything else just for this reason, whether who set it up did it or not. And, each branch should be on its own fuse if you don't want to chase gremlins like this. LED's are extremely small and while they won't be entirely susceptible, the wiring will be, to vibration and corrosion. So soldering, strain relief, fused legs, and waterproofing is really one of those, "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" scenarios. Sorry your having issues with it, but in a boat, you have vibration, moisture, corrosion, and more. And what makes this forum so great is that you can do most of this troubleshooting yourself with help here. Try to isolate where your issue is by backing all the way up the line to the source. If you have no power there, or if you do have power there...and move forward or backward as necessary. If you lost all your lights, sounds like a fuse, fuse holder, or wiring from source. Again, depends on how it was set up, you may or may not have a controller if it is single color. If it was RGB, you definitely have one. Connectors are just a bad idea in a boat, for the above mentioned reasons. But having access to branches all fused separately can make trouble shooting a couple of minute process. Good luck finding the issue!

6. DJMattyT

DJMattyT Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +391 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    The fuse is right infront of the drivers seat on the bow side of the dash behind the coushion. When I added LED's I popped the fuse too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ray Rosas

Ray Rosas Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    20170402_200051.jpg 20170402_195041.jpg [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Shot! Great Shot! x 1
  8. Dominic Sevigny

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    Wow! crazy! How it's possible to change the speaker LED? Mine are dead and I'm trying to figure out how to change it....

Man, you made something really cool!

Thanks
    Dom