• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue LEDs are dead!

Loomy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hi,

I have 3 speakers where the blue LEDs are dead! I wanted to know if the problem was the wiring or a burned LEDs. I checked the voltage of one of them and it was 0V. After a couple of manipulations with the voltmeter, I lost all LEDs in the boat! Fuse? I tried to see if something happen at the fuse box but I don't know where I must look, etc...

First, how to resolve the fuse problem? I'm sure that the problem is there at least for LEDs who was working before I used my voltmeter.

Second, is it possible that the LEDs on the speakers are dead? Wiring?

Scarab 195 HO Impulse!

Thanks for your help.
Dominic

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you accidentally crossed the - &+ wires and popped a fuse. I have no clue where it would be on your boat but I would assume the led controller is near your head unit under the dash. It's probably a small in-line fuse inside a black cover.

Loomy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Does anyone have the fuse box wiring diagram or just know where is located the fuse? It's weird because all others DC stuff in the boat are working correctly. A single fuse just for that, no sense!

Thanks for your help.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Mine burned out as well. It looked like a small circuit board that's unprotected and had salt build up on it causing them to die.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You absolutely should have LED's fused separate from everything else just for this reason, whether who set it up did it or not. And, each branch should be on its own fuse if you don't want to chase gremlins like this. LED's are extremely small and while they won't be entirely susceptible, the wiring will be, to vibration and corrosion. So soldering, strain relief, fused legs, and waterproofing is really one of those, "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" scenarios. Sorry your having issues with it, but in a boat, you have vibration, moisture, corrosion, and more. And what makes this forum so great is that you can do most of this troubleshooting yourself with help here. Try to isolate where your issue is by backing all the way up the line to the source. If you have no power there, or if you do have power there...and move forward or backward as necessary. If you lost all your lights, sounds like a fuse, fuse holder, or wiring from source. Again, depends on how it was set up, you may or may not have a controller if it is single color. If it was RGB, you definitely have one. Connectors are just a bad idea in a boat, for the above mentioned reasons. But having access to branches all fused separately can make trouble shooting a couple of minute process. Good luck finding the issue!

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The fuse is right infront of the drivers seat on the bow side of the dash behind the coushion. When I added LED's I popped the fuse too.

Loomy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Wow! crazy! How it's possible to change the speaker LED? Mine are dead and I'm trying to figure out how to change it....

Man, you made something really cool!

Thanks
Dom

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I found the nut from the cleat bolt and had to remove the 2 bow speakers to tighten one and check the other.
I killed one of the LED in the speaker ( face plate came off ) and I have no idea where to buy a replacement LED. The wiring looks fine but it is a mystery at this point.
Other pre season work was change out the dead Sony and add another battery, Got to shout out to Scarab Mike. Thanks man

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Another question is there a fuse for the horn? No power at the push button switch.