• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Seas 7605

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Received this today along with a new breaker and buss bar. I'm going to install and then order new cables and a NoCo GCP-1 cord. Can't wait to have a better set up than what I have now. Will take pictures along the way!
Thanks @Bruce for the info on this.

IMG_1317.JPG

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, it is so small. I think Blue Sea has a real winner there!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have to look up the site I used but it was 180ish total so for an ACR and charger combo you can't beat the price! I wanted the new switch it has a battery temp sensor also to adjust while on AC charge. Plus the display is good to have to show status of unit.

Jeme

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Can't wait to see the install. Thinking about one of these for my challenger 180.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can't wait to see the install. Thinking about one of these for my challenger 180.
It will be on my Tidewater, but it is the same setup as any single engine boat. Should be pretty straightforward

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I just got around to ordering all my wiring from http://tinnedmarinewire.com so I should have soon, and get the install finished. I will most likely go with the Optima group 27 again like I used in my AR. I get them at really good price. I plan on using the SI feature as well since this motor pulls more than the MR-1 did on start up.

Jeme

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Please share some pics.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed the switch, new circuit breaker, ground buss bar, and ACR/charger combo. Will tidy up the wiring soon, and also have the dash display. Still need to do the battery temp sensor.

IMG_1420.JPG IMG_1421.JPG IMG_1422.JPG IMG_1423.JPG

Jeme

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looks great!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great!
Thanks still need to add the NOCO plug it should be here tomorrow for some reason it is not on Amazon anymore? Crazy. I couldn't source it locally so ordered from West Marine it should be here tomorrow also.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ordered the Blue Sea "Add A Battery" Dual circuit system #7650, on line, from West Marine a few days ago and they responded it was B.O. for a few more weeks. I will wait for it, as it is the start of the boating season and everyone else must have ordered one too. Other sites were either out of stock or asking a much higher price. @2nazt your install looks great.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you just go off the diagram with the kit?
Ya just followed the sheet since the unit is a charger also you don't have to worry which side you wire everything on and dumbing down the charger.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ordered the Blue Sea "Add A Battery" Dual circuit system #7650, on line, from West Marine a few days ago and they responded it was B.O. for a few more weeks. I will wait for it, as it is the start of the boating season and everyone else must have ordered one too. Other sites were either out of stock or asking a much higher price. @2nazt your install looks great.
@zipper this kit is different than the add a battery as this unit is a charger and ACR is one. It also adds a battery. So if you don't already have a charger this unit would be great for you. If you do than stick with the one orderd.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So this kit has an AC power connection too? If so COOL!

@2nazt The only thing I would do a little differently would be to separate your + wiring from your negative bus bar. If the cable comes off your breaker switch it is going to fall right onto your negative bus bar....maybe its just me...but I'd try and keep them as far away from each other as I can.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian yes it has its own AC cord to connect to a normal 120 power. I also have since re secured wires to not fall and also used electrical tape around the negative bus bar to ensure no contact is possible. I guess I would change that but never thought of it being an issue.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So this kit has an AC power connection too? If so COOL!
Yes, it does. I can not see a reason to install anything other than this kit in a new boat. I am surprised that #Yamaha has not adopted it.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
i also have the 7650 installed but like the idea of having the ACR and charger as one device. I have an offshore charger that i use. Would it be possible to add the Blue Sea Battery Link Charger (7605) and do away with the separate ACR that way i have an onboard charger that charges at a much faster 10amp rate?

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i also have the 7650 installed but like the idea of having the ACR and charger as one device. I have an offshore charger that i use. Would it be possible to add the Blue Sea Battery Link Charger (7605) and do away with the separate ACR that way i have an onboard charger that charges at a much faster 10amp rate?
I don't see why you can't buy just the battery link charger independently as you don't need the switch or anything else. You may need to replace a cable or two to provide correct length wires depending on mounting location. If you already have an ACR and switch it may be better and easier to just get a seperate charger though. Like a dual bank onboard charger. This will reduce cable and clutter though.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
i thought about just adding a dual bank charger but with my setup (image below) i can easily replace the ACR with the battery link; probably just drop it into place and be done.

With this setup, Off cuts power to everything; i use my single bank offshore charger to charge the batteries. When the offshore is hooked up to a battery, it will charge that battery to a certain Voltage than the acr will than allow both to charge simultaneously when a certain voltage is reached.

I would like just the battery link to charge both at the same time (and 10amp is a much faster charge than what i have now.)

I believe to achieve what i want, i would have to move the acr/battery link to the other side of the switch.

Attachments

Last edited: