• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Cover, Seal Skin 1200 material, any experience or opinions

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was looking at this material for a boat cover, maybe. Not many reviews or information I found online, Figured I would ask here. Considering purchasing and take my chances.

Has a online Chat with company representative. Company claims it is a marine specific material, made from synthetic material compared being made of cotton or canvas. Same stats for weight and denier as sunbrella. 10 year warranty. No need to reapply waterproofing.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no experience with it.. do they make custom fit for our boats or is this just bulk material ?

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did an online chat. Gave them my boat information and they said they had a semi-custom cover which would fit the tower and boat. They said if I ordered and was unhappy I could return the cover for refund. The covers are fitted to the boat. I asked about the common rub points 1. light on bow 2. rubber bumper on windshield. They said if it wore thru or tore in ten years they would repair or replace. They said the material has been around for over 20 years.
Still not sure what I want to do, feels like gambling at this point, due to limited information.

I did a copy and paste of the entire chat and saved in my word processor, if I buy one from them, they can't say we never said that. I can email you a copy of the chat if want.

edit
I just had another online chat and it they told me their covers will not work on a boat with square front and tower.

Last edited:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crap.. I was going to ask about pricing next.. Of course I have a tower boat..

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lspeedss. Price was about $450, they may have something for your boat because it has a more traditional v-bow. They told me they could do a tower boat or a square bow boat but not a boat with both. I started a conversation with you and included my online chat.

If you want more information from them, you should start your own chat and re-ask the questions I did (as needed), to see if you get same response. And then copy and paste to word processor to have documentation in case you are unhappy or need to return or repair.