• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat cover

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Who makes a good one? The boat I'm picking up this weekend is in need of a new one. Still not sure if she's gonna fit in my garage or not, so I need a contingency plan in place.

Thanks in advance,

Hello Walt, not sure if Seadoo makes or made their own covers or not. Custom covers aren't cheap but they will be light years ahead of generic or universal covers, but more expensive than stock covers. For instance, on the Yamahas, the covers are in the $700 range on the 21 and 23' boats. We have several online dealers that offer discounts of 20-30% so savings can be had. Those are Yamaha dealers or I would send you there. But check Ebay and Amazon for starters, then I-boats, and other online boat places...maybe a few other guys can give you some guidance that have seadoo experience. Welcome!

Walt, did you end up buying a Sea Doo? What boat is going on is a big part of where to get a cover.

I have a thread about the replacement cover I bought for my LX210 at Elite Boat Covers - Reasonably Priced Replacement Cover

The Elite Boat Covers website seems to be down but Googling for it returns some positive leads.

Yeah, Seadoo has one for $500-ish (guy I'm buying the boat from told me, haven't verified)

But, I'm already ordering steering arms, hydro turf, and gotta do something with the stereo, so I think I'm just looking for a cheap universal job for this year. Preferably, something that will fit without folding the wake tower.

Walt, did you end up buying a Sea Doo? What boat is going on is a big part of where to get a cover.

I have a thread about the replacement cover I bought for my LX210 at Elite Boat Covers - Reasonably Priced Replacement Cover

The Elite Boat Covers website seems to be down but Googling for it returns some positive leads.

Yup!

1.jpg

Looks like a sharp little boat. Cool that you got the tower too! Let the fun in the sun begin!

Walt, where are you from?

Originally WV, near Pittsburgh if that makes any sense. NC now.

Yeah makes sense to me originally from Pittsburgh made runs to WV Wheeling to get beer during my HS years. Now in VA Beach. Where in NC? are you close to the VA line?

Yup! I worked in Wheeling, lived in Wellsburg. Nah, I'm in Winston Salem. ~4 hours from the coast.

@veedubtek ..or 2 hours from Buggs Island...

Nice. Hadn't explored that far yet. Gonna spend most of the summer on Belews lake. Gonna hit High Rock lake and Lake Norman at least once. Also wanna hit Smith Mountain. And probably Jordan. Also, @DieselCamel and I plan on cruising from Columbia, SC to Charleston, SC sometime in July I think. Somehow, my boat only has 40 hours on her thus far. I have a feeling I might come close to doubling that this year...

And, to keep this somewhat on topic, I'm glad I didn't order the cover yet because this one is much better than what the seller was describing.

2.jpg

Wow, thats one nice looking cover!

Looks like you got it home!!' Congrats again!!!:winkingthumbsup"

Back