• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat Cover

Sjetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need some advice from the community. My Yamaha SX230 custom cover is 5 years old and at the end of it's useful life. I know you guys are plugged in and aware of the best deals out there. I have a few options in purchasing a new cover, but, wanted some advice from owners in my situation that have recently purchased new covers. Thanks in advance for any info on this matter.

I'm in the second year of my 2nd OEM cover and it's already terrible. It's unprotected all the time. I may try a custom made cover next time, although more I hope it will last longer. BigN8 had one made in Lewisville for about $1,200 and jetboat pilot was marketing some customs made ones also,

I had Yamaha's Deluxe Premium Mooring Cover with Tower on my last boat for 3 years and it showed no signs of wear or distress. I liked it so much I got the Deluxe Premium Mooring Cover with Tower for my new boat as well.

I need some advice from the community. My Yamaha SX230 custom cover is 5 years old and at the end of it's useful life. I know you guys are plugged in and aware of the best deals out there. I have a few options in purchasing a new cover, but, wanted some advice from owners in my situation that have recently purchased new covers. Thanks in advance for any info on this matter.

I used Dallas Canvas. The cover fits perfectly. They provided anti pooling poles that snap into the bottom side of the cover, but I don't use since it is in covered marina, so you can't see them in the pics below. My cover was $1200 because I used the top of the line Sunbrella fabric.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 49
I got one off ebay from seller leaders_rpm

Mine was $550 but I have the AR230 with the tower.

I added a link below to one they have for sale now. This one is blue but you might email him to see if he has the color you need. This was the cheapest I found when I was looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-New-...at_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item2a1e3e4ff7

I can add a picture of mine so you can see the quality if you would like.

Good luck!

If you are looking to go cheap but good consider getting a factory shipping cover. They cost around $200 at greatlakeskipper.com .

I used Dallas Canvas. The cover fits perfectly. They provided anti pooling poles that snap into the bottom side of the cover, but I don't use since it is in covered marina, so you can't see them in the pics below. My cover was $1200 because I used the top of the line Sunbrella fabric.
Thanks

Cheapo cover, $175 from Amazon.
Pretty much just tent fabric but it keeps the spider crap, bird turd, and dust off the boat in our covered slip.
Wouldn't be worth a damn in an uncovered slip as a mooring cover.
I'll treat it with tent water proofing spray from Wally World at the end of the season and see if it will last through next season.
Gotta love Cheapo brand!

Back