• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat covers and Trailering

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have the 2 covers for my 215 that fit over the bow and one for the back that snap on around the perimeter.

I leave the bow cover on when trailering but the back cover always seems to come unsnapped while moving down the highway. I would rather have it on to have the added safety of knowing I won.t lose a cushion in transient but alas is not the case. I have just been tying a rope through the back grab handles to keep the seats in place should they decide they want to come lose.

Is there a way to make the snaps tighter or are these covers really not made to take highway travel? I'd like the little bit of extra security of having the back one on as well when stopped for gas sometimes as its not so easy to just grab something from the boat.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Trailering cover is the way to go !

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
AGREE!! Should have bought it from day one... I don't even use the mooring cover anymore... It is a little pricey, but well worth the money spent..

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Shows what I know. It already had the "Mooring Cover" with it when I bought it.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@SPCAS The mooring does come with the boat, but it doesn't do a good job keeping water and debris out of your boat.. Plus you can trailer the boat with the cover on. I didn't even know the cover existed until I saw @ScarabMike 's post about it. I have learned a lot since joining this forum...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you flatten out the part of the snaps that are attached to the boat to make them less likely to release so quickly while trailering ? I'm talking about removing a few of them and putting them in a vice. They are easy and relatively inexpensive to replace if necessary. I tow with a trailering cover for the same reasons that you want to. Some guys have added a little Velcro under their seat cushions to keep them from taking flight when they tow without a cover. These are just an inexpensive but immediately doable alternatives to spending hundreds on a trailering cover.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I may try to flatten a couple of the snaps to get me through summer.

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here's mine with the trailering cover. Absolutely love it. Would have no use for the mooring cover and despise all the little snaps/domes...image.jpg

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ah yes, Hopefully for next season. I like the look of that. Thanks for the photo

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So, is the trailering cover good for leaving the boat moored in the marina? If so, I'd like to switch over. It keep water and things out well enough?

Chad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would say that it's almost waterproof. Standing water and very heavy long- lasting rains can start to leak through the seems a little, but nothing more than a few drops of water have leaked through mine for the most part. I did have more water than normal find it's way in while trailering my boat through hours of very heavy rain at highway speeds. The nice thing about the cover is that there is a zipper opening on the back that will allow you to put the cover on in the water without actually getting in the water to tighten up the strap.

Skellner2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tailering cover is fabulous. I keep it on even with a roof over the boat. Completely covers the swim platform and keeps the birds from resting on the boat and doing what birds do on boats. Last week I put the cover on but left the keys in the boat. Was able to unzip the back and make my way to the cockpit to retrieve the keys without taking the cover off. Fit is very snug. image.jpg

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question for those with the scarab trailering cover. I just picked one up from my dealer and it came with straps which I assume are to support the poles? anyone have a picture of where you strap them to?
The trailerimg covers seems a little more of a pain to get on in comparison to the mooring cover but it definetly protects the boat better...

Skellner2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question for those with the scarab trailering cover. I just picked one up from my dealer and it came with straps which I assume are to support the poles? anyone have a picture of where you strap them to?
The trailerimg covers seems a little more of a pain to get on in comparison to the mooring cover but it definetly protects the boat better...
My cover is on right now and it is dark, so can't really take a pic, but I can describe how mine works. My bow pole has 2 white straps that you loop around the hand grabs at the sides of the bow seats. The stern pole has 3 straps. 2 that loop around the hand grabs by the stern seats and one that loops around the handle that you use to raise/lower the engine cover. I don't use the pole in the back because the cover is pretty tight without it. TBH, the dealer had to show me how to do it. I complained because for $900(?) you would think they would provide instructions.
Hint: If you are putting on the cover by yourself and it is windy, pull out the cleats and use the cleat pockets to keep the cover in place while you are putting it on.
Took me 30 minutes to put it on the first time. Have it down to about 10 now.
Hope this helps. Will try to take a pic the next time I take the cover off.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My cover is on right now and it is dark, so can't really take a pic, but I can describe how mine works. My bow pole has 2 white straps that you loop around the hand grabs at the sides of the bow seats. The stern pole has 3 straps. 2 that loop around the hand grabs by the stern seats and one that loops around the handle that you use to raise/lower the engine cover. I don't use the pole in the back because the cover is pretty tight without it. TBH, the dealer had to show me how to do it. I complained because for $900(?) you would think they would provide instructions.
Hint: If you are putting on the cover by yourself and it is windy, pull out the cleats and use the cleat pockets to keep the cover in place while you are putting it on.
Took me 30 minutes to put it on the first time. Have it down to about 10 now.
Hope this helps. Will try to take a pic the next time I take the cover off.
Thanks! This definetly helps. The only other thing I noticed is mine has no zipper access from the rear like I noticed others have? Makes it a pain to access after if needed.

Skellner2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks! This definetly helps. The only other thing I noticed is mine has no zipper access from the rear like I noticed others have? Makes it a pain to access after if needed.
Better late than never. A couple of pics of the bow and stern cover support poles with straps. image.jpgimage.jpg

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Better late than never. A couple of pics of the bow and stern cover support poles with straps. View attachment 45594View attachment 45595
Interesting, that is definitely not how mine are set up. Positions 1 and 2 on the bow support go to the left and right bow cleats, position 3 is a black strap that connects straight through to the third position on the stern support. Then the straps from position 1 and 2 on the stern support go to their respective stern cleats. I would think this method would provide better results as the straps can now also act as supports keeping the cover from sagging between the center and sides.

I too thought it was crazy not to come with instructions, anyone else do it differently?

Jacob Klein

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interesting, that is definitely not how mine are set up. Positions 1 and 2 on the bow support go to the left and right bow cleats, position 3 is a black strap that connects straight through to the third position on the stern support. Then the straps from position 1 and 2 on the stern support go to their respective stern cleats. I would think this method would provide better results as the straps can now also act as supports keeping the cover from sagging between the center and sides.

I too thought it was crazy not to come with instructions, anyone else do it differently?
I too attach the bow straps to the cleats and over the bow window to the rear pole also attached to the cleats. This provides proper support to the cover and stability so the poles do not collapse.