• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Covers SX190

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the dealer threw in the shipping cover when i bought my boat. It never fit perfectly. I believe Yamaha or the dealer gave ma a 2018 cover as it is super tight and i cannot get the back completely down.

That being said, I really dont like the shipping cover to begin with so i am not going to bother the dealer.

I am looking for recommendations for a new cover.

I keep the boat trailered so i dont want to get a custom canvas cover that will require them installing snaps and i want something that protects the edges as well from the sun.

I keep seeing these black covers that look realy nice, appear to go on easily.

Any advice?

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha Deluxe Premium Non-Tower Mooring Cover

Shop around price can go +- $200, best deal I founf was Leader RPM shop

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats not a bad price, especially right before winter. I got mine for $579 but had a few months to look and wait.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you. Thats the one i like. Hopefully they have a 2019.

I was not worried with the winter coming because unless we get snow i rarely go 2-3 weeks without taking the boat out for a spin. In Charlotte NC.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it ok to tow with these?
I never tow with my cover on, over the summer I decided to tow with the cover on for a 2 hour road trip for camping. Once I got to camp and took the cover off I found wear marks on the black fiberglass above the rub rail where the two Velcro pieces connect.

Christopher M VIllier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On your shipping cover, there are 2 ratchets, one on either side of the bow. make sure those are loose, that should allow the factory ship cover to clear the swim deck area. then re tighten ratchets.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the black mooring cover for my 2019, negotiated it into the deal, it fits very well. It is easier to put on than the shipping cover but the holes for the tower allow water in. Not to big a deal though.

I was actually impressed with how well the shipping cover fit. Made me contemplate if I really needed the black cover.

One thing on the shipping cover for the AR model was the brackets for the tower. They hold it in a half way position. Without them, the tower goes to low causing a spot for water to pool in the captain area.

Yamaha sports plaza was the best price I found on the premium cover.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can u send a picture of the cover? I like the idea of keeping the Bimini top up as it is one more thing to do when i launch or retrieve the boat.

Unfortunately there was no negotiating on my boat as the dealer called me 3 times because people wanted to give me $500 to give up my number 1 spot on the waiting list as it is the first blue 2019 in the area.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t know if they make it where the bimini can stay up. Here is mine with a tower.

7661B186-96D8-44C0-A366-737897EDFD3A.jpeg E5C5D4CB-994E-4BD4-927A-C5CC2852C806.jpeg FA693677-3C63-41A8-95EB-131F2DAA7262.jpeg

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for the photos. That is what i am looking for. Unfortunately Yamaha Sports Plaza does not have the 2019s in stock yet but i have time. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 55 degrees so I will be out on the lake.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I never tow with my cover on, over the summer I decided to tow with the cover on for a 2 hour road trip for camping. Once I got to camp and took the cover off I found wear marks on the black fiberglass above the rub rail where the two Velcro pieces connect.
Something to think about my old neighbor towed his boat without a cover and something took out his windshield (glass everywhere). Most of the summer he was without a window, not to mention the cost of the window. Not saying a cover would of stopped this but it sure couldn’t of hurt. Now he covers his boat before towing.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha must make a fortune selling those mooring covers... nice but darn price

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha must make a fortune selling those mooring covers... nice but darn price
I agree but they do say Yamaha on them twice. Front and back!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have a link that explains the difference between the premium and deluxe covers? I know it's been discussed before, but I can't find it despite 20 minutes of searching both on here and using all the Google-Fu I know to use.

TIA!

TheDock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
It's too hot to sit on the front or back of my SX195 when temps are in the 90s. Anyone have a retrofitted cover for fishing for front or rear of Yamaha SX195 Boat with walkthrough windshield? retsevla@yahoo.com