• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat drifts to the left

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone else experience the boat turning sharply to the right when you throttle off? Weight distribution issue? it happen when I would when I would put it in Neutral and it would slow down a bit...Live well was empty...Not trolling motor or anything else that adds a bunch of weight

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wonder if the jet isn't perfectly straight that it will cause it to turn one way or another. I really wish there was a way to get these boats to stop spinning at low speed's.

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
everytime it would do it I would just cast my fishing lure in the direction it spins so it looks like i did it on purpose...but that gets old...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wonder if the jet isn't perfectly straight that it will cause it to turn one way or another. I really wish there was a way to get these boats to stop spinning at low speed's.

Your wish is my command put on the VIPER

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Please post a video of this in action around various water currents. I would like to see how well this does at very low speed, slow speed, And high-speed.

If you can prove it to me, I'll buy one from you.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As Jeff points out... it's a common jet boat issue that is solved by adding his Cobra Jet Steering.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I read through the thread and I have to say I don't believe there's near enough examples from users to justify placing a blind order. Do yourself a favor and make a video of this in action to convince skeptics like me.

I have a hard time believing a little bit of aluminum corrects the issues that I have with this boat.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Haa with 15 years of experience and 3 us patents plus a forth one pending and a 30 day money back guarantee I don't honestly think I need any videos, but my customers are welcome to make some if they wish. Like I said 15 years of experience and over 9000 Yamaha jet boats with versions of my steering on them should be sufficient for most people . But I understand that everyone is different. I also have the Ultimate steering that work nicely on those boats, and I have been making that model for several years I am sure there are plenty of customer comments on those as well. So once again thank you for your input .

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fins WILL stop the spin. When I had my 190 the damn spin almost made me return it. Put on a set of fins and it's a whole new boat. Get them. You will not regret it.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I understand that in this world people get lied to constantly and this makes people skeptical obviously he doesn't know me or about me and that's fine because as I said I totally understand.
It really ticks me off that people lie to get someone's money and don't deliver what they promise it's a let the buyer beware world. I enjoyed driving those type of people to the county jail for so many years. so no problem on my end. remember my saying , if you are not smiling when you are using your jet boat you probably don't have COBRA JET STEERING on it!

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had fins on my SX230 for almost 4 years now. Best money I have spent on my boat!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't recall anyone installing fins on their jet boat and not seeing a big improvement. The only thing that kept me from installing something sooner was not wanting fins below the stock keel.
IMHO the slight trim tab effect of the Viper lets the boat jump on plane easier.
That's as big of a plus as the improvement of handling at all speeds.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was kind of skeptical also, but after giving them a try I know how well they work!

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like I would be stupid to not give it a shot! Love the boat, hate seining in the middle of the river or backing onto my trailer...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's sort of comical to me since I actually bet my life on my steering quite often as some of you have witnesses the videos I do driving with my feet or standing on a seat of a jet ski towing a tube or cruising the mangrove lines, NOT THAT I WOULD EVER SUGGEST THIS actually never try the things you see in my videos I have nearly 65 years of experience living on the razors edge with no fear .
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1295115287225425&id=257584527645178

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a hard time believing a little bit of aluminum corrects the issues that I have with this boat.
I totally see your point. It is very hard to imagine that. Yet, your average trim tabs (as in traditional ones, say: Bennetts) have actually just about the same surface, and it is AMAZING what those can do to your boats attitude.
It's all relative. Look at the impeller blades - those are tiny!

--