• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat fenders for the AR 195

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What would be the recommended way to go with fenders/bumpers for the AR 195? I keep seeing the Mission Sentry fenders mentioned, but my concern is that they won't be long enough to fully protect the freeboard from hitting the dock. I did see where folks were finding that they were good for protecting the stern by the swim platform, since that part sits relatively low to the water.

If not the Sentry fenders, what are you all using? The traditional round inflatable type, the flat, formed type, or something else? I'd like to get something that first and foremost protects the side of my AR 195, but I'd also like something that is handy to deploy and use. The Sentry fenders seem like they'd meet those qualifications, but given the price, I want to make sure that they'd fit properly before I purchase 2 or 3 of them (nearly $200 bucks). Given my investment in the boat though, that's pretty cheap insurance for protecting the gelcoat.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just picked up the sentry fenders. They look pretty nice haven't tried yet. Previously was using standard Taylor made fenders which also worked ok.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've had the best luck with the old fashioned round inflatables, but I never have them against my boat for very long. Only when stopping for grub while on the lake. People look at me funny sometimes, but I always try to attach them to the dock where the dock could contact the boat, that way they cant roll off to the side and leave the boat with some dock rash. I made the mistake of thinking the wood piers would be safe but they scratched the hell out of my stainless rub rails.i have some flat foam fenders I use to tie to the posts.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just picked up the sentry fenders. They look pretty nice haven't tried yet. Previously was using standard Taylor made fenders which also worked ok.
Keep us posted on these and send us some pictures.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What would be the recommended way to go with fenders/bumpers for the AR 195? I keep seeing the Mission Sentry fenders mentioned, but my concern is that they won't be long enough to fully protect the freeboard from hitting the dock. I did see where folks were finding that they were good for protecting the stern by the swim platform, since that part sits relatively low to the water.

If not the Sentry fenders, what are you all using? The traditional round inflatable type, the flat, formed type, or something else? I'd like to get something that first and foremost protects the side of my AR 195, but I'd also like something that is handy to deploy and use. The Sentry fenders seem like they'd meet those qualifications, but given the price, I want to make sure that they'd fit properly before I purchase 2 or 3 of them (nearly $200 bucks). Given my investment in the boat though, that's pretty cheap insurance for protecting the gelcoat.
If going traditional go 8.5 inch they seem like overkill but they are really not.

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If going traditional go 8.5 inch they seem like overkill but they are really not.
Thanks - I'd rather err on the side of caution to protect my gelcoat. From the Mission website, the Sentry fenders are 22" long, 9" wide and 5.5" thick, so I think they should be large enough to meet that. I did also email Mission's sales/support team to see what they have to say about using them on 19-foot jetboats - I'll update everyone as soon as I hear back from them.

The other thing I'm hoping to get from them is some kind of discount code or something to help knock the price down a bit. Is anyone here aware of any discounts they may currently be offering (March 2019)? I did see someone else post info about a Black Friday sale during the holidays last year, but nothing current.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks - I'd rather err on the side of caution to protect my gelcoat. From the Mission website, the Sentry fenders are 22" long, 9" wide and 5.5" thick, so I think they should be large enough to meet that. I did also email Mission's sales/support team to see what they have to say about using them on 19-foot jetboats - I'll update everyone as soon as I hear back from them.

The other thing I'm hoping to get from them is some kind of discount code or something to help knock the price down a bit. Is anyone here aware of any discounts they may currently be offering (March 2019)? I did see someone else post info about a Black Friday sale during the holidays last year, but nothing current.
that will be a great if any update, get a

that will be great, small investment better than damaged to repair as boating season is short !

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the 'el cheapo black inflatable rubber ones on my AR190. They work just fine either rafted up with other boats, or tied off to a dock.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
5.5 inches thick for 64 bucks! I'll stick with the Taylormade $14 ones. And keep 8 inches between boat and dock.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've been thinking a lot about the size of these fenders. My issue is most dock/slips have pilings on the outside. These pilings have growth and incrustations on the outside. Wouldn't it make sense to get a fender that is larger in dia than the piling? Yes, that means 13" dia. I've searched and they're like $66 each. IDK, Just thinking out loud...

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just bought the Yamaha branded 20" white inflatables paired with the airhead suction cups for the window mount. I think this combo should work well as i only dock for food typically... I went back and forth but found anything with a Yamaha logo to be cooler :)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some buddies of mine use these......$10/each, they're larger than most other "marine specific", and they are easily deflated to store. Work great bungee'd to the tower/cleat/etc.

The jokes of having to "blow the balls" before docking/rafting are endless though, be prepared.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wal-Mart around me has Taylormade fenders in the spring. 10-20 bucks
Edit: I mean the solid white ones

Last edited:

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I saw my dad used ShoreLine marine ribbed inflatable fender, it fenders pretty well. UV resistant so no damage when exposed to the sun and color not bleeding, the color of old fender used to be bleeded, so he replaced it with this product.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Jelcoat repair and time lost during repair will be more expensive. You get what you pay for. There are different grades of TaylorMade fenders. Boat guard, super guard, storm guard, big b etc. Choose what you are comfortable with for leaving your boat docked for more than just a lunch stop. If you look around you will find package deals on fenders. West Marine usually has some, but they are usually more expensive anyway.

I've been thinking a lot about the size of these fenders. My issue is most dock/slips have pilings on the outside. These pilings have growth and incrustations on the outside. Wouldn't it make sense to get a fender that is larger in dia than the piling? Yes, that means 13" dia. I've searched and they're like $66 each. IDK, Just thinking out loud...
How about tying an 8 x 26 or a 10 x 30 in a horizontal position when pilings are involved. If using in conjunction with spring lines you will stay in position. I have seen these which is similar to tying horizontal... Taylor Made® - 15"L X 15"W X 6.5"H Fender Cushion
Or try this one, I don't know how much protection it will provide, but it will certainly start a conversation.
Funny link name.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@zipper Definitely an interesting idea. Place 1 on each pole, add a couple spring lines and walk away. I like it. :thumbsup: