• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat lift

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
After acid washing the hull to remove the dreaded spider algae I swore never again.
So our 242 is now happily installed on a hydrohoist lift in her slip.
I found several used lifts on craigslist but the logistics of transporting and installing seemed overly complicated.
I hired Marine Specialties (good recommendations and reviews) from the Lake Lanier area and purchased a used/reconditioned lift from them which they installed in a few hours.
Their price was in line with prices on craigslist for the same lift and the lift has new parts installed as part of the reconditioning deal.
End result, a properly installed lift that is sized correctly for my boat!
Marine Specialties does good work and the install crew were friendly and professional. If you are in Georgia looking for a good marine company I would recommend them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 78
Congrats! I am in the process of doing the same thing. The price to transport the lift then install pushes the CL lifts to almost the same price as a reconditioned lift from a dealer installed. I will have my slip starting Jan 1 as part of our HOA. Looking forward to having the boat on the water full time.

Curious how much does one of these cost reconditioned?

I was quoted for a refurbished Poly Lift 4500# capacity for 4k installed. He ended up selling it but he said that he usually has one.

6000lb hydrohoist, referbished, installed $5k.
Convenience and cool factor, priceless.

Seriously it is a chunk of change but after doing some homework on CL I found the cost of the installed lift was close to CL prices and offset by the low hassle factor of the professional install job.
I noticed that the boats in neighboring slips that were on lifts were clean and shiny. Boats that are in the lake 24/7 (like mine) become dirty so fast. Keeping the boat on a lift will help keep it in "ship shape" for years.

I totally agree. I had my boat in the water for about 2.5 months before I put it back on the trailer and into storage and it was gross. Spider algae and crud. Took me the better part of a day to get it cleaned off.

I have been thinking about getting a lift for awhile. I want to get her clean and then have the lift installed. I am in Hartwell and have a quote for $5.5K for a new lift installed. What type of acid did you use to clean the hull?

I used the Attwood stuff you can get at Walmart. Worked well just tough with the boat on the trailer having to get under the boat and scrub and wipe off the crud.

I used an acid wash called on/off, the most caustic, unenvironmentally friendly stuff around. Cover your trailer with plastic, wear protective clothing because this stuff is nasty. But it works.
Curious, who is the quote from for the lift install? What brand/capacity lift?

I will get that info when I get home for the lift. It was quoted to handle my boat.

I bought a used 6,000# front mounted shoremaster lift for $2k and then traded it for an 8,800# hydrohoist UL1. The guy needed a front mounted lift and I needed a side by side since I was moving to a new marina. Greats deals can be had if you are willing to work at it!

The guy did not give a name but said it was a 5000lb Front Mount Lift or 4 Corner. Front Mount lifts are easier to load the boat and keep in place while being lifted. 4 Corner are good lifts as well. A 5000lb lift is (front of 4 corner) is $5575.00 installed. This is from J&S Shoreline.

We love our lift and always back it in as well. Makes for easy loading. Having the lift also makes it easy to clean the hull.

Reactions: 007
Agreed on the backing in to the slip.
The stern on our boats is great for loading/unloading passengers and gear.
I have gotten several comments from people on the dock about how cool the swim platform is on the Yamahas.
I positioned two large fenders down low on the waterline at the back of the slip to catch the stern of the boat in case the reverse maneuver is a little hot.

When I had a slip on Allatoona I always backed in in order to load easily. Now with my dock on Hartwell I can pull in because people can now easily it n from the front or back. When I was looking a lifts in Allatoona I thought the guy said the lift was made one way and you had to install it fr either direction but it wouldn't work both ways. That kind of kept me from wanting one back then.

I am trying to figure out if i want to set up mine for backing in or pulling in. Pulling in would be alot easier but having it backed in would be alot better for convenience.

In my slip at the marina it was best to back in. Now I have more room so I can just pull straight in. The way my dock is set up I have a walkway around the front so by pulling in I am keeping the back of the boat near where rain may come in and the front never get anything from the weather. The back just lets the weather roll off. When I had the boat turned around I had the water hitting the cover or actually getting into the boat when there was no cover. That was one thing I didn't like about backing in. One advantage to backing in is that you get real good at controlling the boat in reverse. When it is windy out the challenge becomes much more fun! :)

@rkluck do your slip is covered? Mine will be a U shaped uncovered slip where I could pull in or back in. Would like to back in but I def need some practice in those tight quarters.

Back