• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BOAT MODIFICATION SEASON BEGINS

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally warm enough to unwrap the boat and get started on this years projects. New gas cap (I always thought the stock one looked cheep) and Mega Fangs with a mix of my previously installed regular fangs completed this morning. Now on to tower speakers, second amp, and surf racks.
20180506_114914.jpg

20180506_120426.jpg

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Link for gas cap?

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jeremiah finding that gas cap is like finding a unicorn. I purchased it off a guy on eBay who also had it listed on the other site. I saw one just like it (may have been the same one) for sale a couple of years of years ago and I havn't seen another one since I purchased this one in December.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Swivel Racks are up!
20180506_143509.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Chillypilot Is it true your boat goes 5 mph faster with that gas cap?

skyler baldwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Guys I have been super busy this past month. After reading hundreds of post i began installing some of the upgrades i had been seeing. I also did a few new ones that id like to share. More pics to come

.....AND YES i did all this in the last 5 weeks...with alot of help...and beer

I Started the season with a Starboard engine replacement IMG_1472.jpg
IMG_1583.jpg
My maize of wires, wish i could run them cleaner but they can only stack but so well on the given post. Selector switch, Not pictured is my pos/neg jumpers for my accessory panels.
I use the accessory panel to power my speaker/boat LEDs and my 3 port (12v oulet, volatge meter, dual usb charger) that i installed in the white plastic storage box on the port side cockpit area.
IMG_1536.jpg
I went with the Big Air cuda tower and could not be happier with how it turned out, Except for the running the speakers wires...absolute nightmare with the predrilled holes..All had to be chased with larger bit
IMG_1575.jpg
I opted for the Dual Double Barrel Kicker speaker package, i Plasti diped the Cans white for a little flavor
IMG_1589.jpg
Obviously the SeaDek was a no brainer, Stuff could make a Seadoo look sharp. Also who doesnt like saying words like "Faux Teak" when talking about your boat
IMG_1604.jpg
Dry storage overhaul was one of my favorite ideas ive seen so far and i love how mine turned out. Relocated the table holder as many do,a shelf and Velcro rope holders, and somehow the life jackets hang perfect

Done and pictures coming soon..
- Stainless scupper install
- Batteries relocation
- Power strip
- Ballast bags
- Sound damping the engine compartment
- Cobra jet steering
- Leds

Dillon s

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like your tower and location. How and where did you get access for the backing plates and nuts. I can't find anything how to access that area. Are you reaching up from the seats?

skyler baldwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, you kind of have to get your shoulders down and under the seat and you can reach up there. The back mounts take a smaller person, i actually got my shoulders and body inside the under seat storage and was able to slide back there. you will need to remove your battery and possibly the mount or box to access the port side. I had to use the reinforcing plates along with plywood to support the hull mounts. The tower wasn't completely tight in the pictures here is a final product.IMG_1654.jpg

Azexplorer2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks like a Big Air Waketower Company, that one is called the Cuda. Its the same as mine but i have it in black on my 08/sx230. I wish it was a little taller and wider up at the H-member.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Jeremiah finding that gas cap is like finding a unicorn. I purchased it off a guy on eBay who also had it listed on the other site. I saw one just like it (may have been the same one) for sale a couple of years of years ago and I havn't seen another one since I purchased this one in December.
We definitely need to find a source for those gas caps. :)

Cougfan97

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you know if you can use the stock bimini top with that rack? I've been looking for a forward swept rack for my SX210 and would love to find one that would let me keep my bimini. Trying to decide between this or the MTK Monster.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tell us more about that engine replacement...What happened, what did you replace with?

Nice tower!

cfab11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Super nice! I gotta pull the trigger on that SeaDek :nailbiting:

skyler baldwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry i never finished this post.
IMG_1645.jpg
Found the SeaDek was cheaper to buy the swim platform from Seadek.com and the Cockpit kit from Jetboatpilot.com, saved a little over $100.IMG_1617.jpg
Upgraded to a Stainless Scupper, install was pretty simple with the help of all the how-to threads floating around here.
IMG_1618.jpg
Cobra Steering Fins, Make a HUGE difference.
IMG_1615.jpg
Voltmeter, dual usb chargers, and 12v outlet. Ran them to my accessory panels pictured in the first images.
IMG_1640.jpg IMG_1656.jpg IMG_1655.jpg
A Few more shots of the tower for those interested in the set up!

As for the engine replacement im not sure what caused them to fail, previous owner used in brackish water and they had around 250 hours on them according to my YDS. Lots of salt build up and the thermostats were in rough shape. Both engine failed the same way, closest cylinder to the oil cooler had a failure. I ended up replacing both engines with low hour, fresh water jet ski engines. Everything was plug and play from the ski to the boat. The only difference was the bunny ears that hold the throttle cable in place is completely different and has to be modified or switched out with the current set-up.

skyler baldwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you know if you can use the stock bimini top with that rack? I've been looking for a forward swept rack for my SX210 and would love to find one that would let me keep my bimini. Trying to decide between this or the MTK Monster.
I could not use my Bimini, the top of the tower was not wide or tall enough to allow the bimini to pass through. The Cuda tower is 5ft tall and i bought it with hopes i could use the bimini but it didnt work out.