• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat Trailer Title

tgokaydin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All,
I purchased a Yamaha AR210 from a private party in Utah. Boat was financed by Yamaha Finance. Recently, Yamaha released the boat's title however, there is no mention of boat's trailer! I need the trailer's title in order to register it in my state. Did Yamaha forget to send us the title for the trailer?
Has anyone experienced similar situation with Yamaha Finance?
Many Thanks!

Hi All,
I purchased a Yamaha AR210 from a private party in Utah. Boat was financed by Yamaha Finance. Recently, Yamaha released the boat's title however, there is no mention of boat's trailer! I need the trailer's title in order to register it in my state. Did Yamaha forget to send us the title for the trailer?
Has anyone experienced similar situation with Yamaha Finance?
Many Thanks!
I can't speak for Utah as I believe certain states differ but that doesn't sound uncommon. Ohio, where I'm from only issues trailer titles if the trailer weighs over 1500 lbs. I received a certificate of origin for the trailer when I bought my Yamaha and only have a registration for the plates (no title), generally if this is the case your state would only require a receipt for the purchase showing the trailer was included or a receipt for the trailer as a separate purchase.

Last edited:
Yamaha sells them as a package. When we bought ours's new, we received two certificates of origin, one for the trailer and one for the boat. When I registered the trailer with DMV in VA they kept the certificate for the trailer. I made a copy of each, which came in handy when I registered the trailer in GA this week (moved in Sept).

Last edited:
Yamaha sells them as a package. When we bought ours's new, we received two certificates of origin, oner for the trailer and one for the boat. When I registered the trailer with DMV in VA they kept the certificate for the trailer. I made a copy of each, which came in handy when I registered the trailer in GA this week (moved in Sept).
Similar in NY. We have a title for both the boat and trailer. Our DMV didn't keep either. We have both originals.

I would say there should be two separate titles, but the state of Utah website, notes "Every trailer operated in Utah, including travel and tent trailers, weighing more than 750 lbs, must be titled and registered" so maybe not.

Jim

Usually registration for trailer on back has info for transfer of ownership.
Usually the case in Florida at least.
Original owners may have COO for trailer but No real title as registration serves purpose of ownership.

Ask PO if he has a paper registration or dealer if no Private Sale.
Check with DMV as a bill of sale may work too.

May be something like this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 4.56.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 4.56.10 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
FL is the same as some no trailer title until you get over a weight limit.......they took my IL title and give me a registration and a FL plate. Not sure what FL will do if I sell the trailer? Might ask next time im in for plates

This doesn’t help OP but I found it interesting. In CO, there is no title for the boat (!) but there is one for the trailer. The annual ownership tax is based on the trailer value, not the boat value. The boat itself is simply registered with the CO Parks and Wildlife who issues the annual sticker.

The original owner may need to reach out to the state to have the title released from the DMV since there was a Lien on the boat. If they had a license plate on it, there was a title somewhere at some point. Most states hold the title until the lien is removed. And 9 out 10 times the state won't release the title unless prompted.

Last edited:
Back