• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating Safety Course

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just a heads up and my humble opinion: save your money and avoid the Florida Boating Safety Course (Florida Boating Course | Online Boat Safety Course). I do NOT recommend it. It wasn't even targeted specifically at Florida, as it kept suggesting I check local state regulations.

In prep for our Bimini trip, I decided to brush up on intercoastal navigation and safety by taking another boating safety course. I have already taken the BoatUS course in the past and wanted another one so I tried the Florida Boating Safety course. The course advertisements looked good, the price was right (about $15) and came with a hard ID card and lifetime expiration so I went with it.

The course material was very elementary, the website was glitchy, and the course locks you down to long minimum time limits so you don't learn at your own pace. I would often finish up the course chapter and go do something else while the timer counted down.

To me, the quiz questions often didn't focus on the most important points. A couple of quiz questions refer to information NOT even covered in the course material (I went back to check to see if I just missed it), and on at least one question, the quiz answer directly contradicted the course material. They gave it a good try, but need to go back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I felt is was very good. here are some of the contents. I can open up other items and screen shot them for more info if you wish.

1618957990382.png
1618958022502.png

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
boat-ed is the one i took some years back. its also the one i had my son do and my daughter just did it a couple weeks ago. not sure about other states but here in nj its a requirement to have your license to operate a boat or pwc. if you get caught without it your in for a pretty hefty fine. same as driving a car with no license.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
CORRECTION: Chap 8 is now talking about Florida specifically. I now know what the Florida DMV charges to register a Class 5 (Over 100') ship.