• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating to totality

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So a few friends and I have decided to boat to one of the better spots on the east coast to watch the Eclipse. This will be a short trip departing from Myrtle Beach SC Monday around 1pm and ending in McClellanville SC area around 2pm hang out for an hour or so and returning back if anyone is interested in joining. I know its short notice but figured I would throw it out there.

@NC_New_Bern_to_Beaufort
@NC_Mid_Atlantic
@palmettosunshine @Chad-MYR

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Robert, I believe I saw a forecast that had cloud cover in the area. Hopefully that will not be an issue.

Very cool that you can boat to the optimal location.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Robert, I believe I saw a forecast that had cloud cover in the area. Hopefully that will not be an issue.

Very cool that you can boat to the optimal location.
@Bruce this time of year our forecasts are similar to Florida and even though they call for that it is a coin toss. I personally have zero desire to actually watch the sun but do think it would be go cool to go to an area where it will turn into night like conditions for a few minutes during the day and for me cloud cover will actually assist in making that even more true but it would be cool to see stars and planets during the day so still kind of hoping we can find a clear patch. I do feel bad though for those who will be traveling here to see it if it is cloudy but I do agree there is a fair chance of that happening.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 thanks for the invite but Cindy and I plus some family that came up from Florida will be out on Lake Murray with the gazillion other boaters. Since the path of the eclipse is over your old house our plan is to be on the water out near there.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 thanks for the invite but Cindy and I plus some family that came up from Florida will be out on Lake Murray with the gazillion other boaters. Since the path of the eclipse is over your old house our plan is to be on the water out near there.
Be careful out there. I am considering staying tied up at the Marina.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure it will be nuts out there have fun!

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So a few friends and I have decided to boat to one of the better spots on the east coast to watch the Eclipse. This will be a short trip departing from Myrtle Beach SC Monday around 1pm and ending in McClellanville SC area around 2pm hang out for an hour or so and returning back if anyone is interested in joining. I know its short notice but figured I would throw it out there.

@NC_New_Bern_to_Beaufort
@NC_Mid_Atlantic
@palmettosunshine @Chad-MYR
Dude we are at Capers inlet!!!

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I had a @robert843 pig beach and "they don't fly" moment with this whole eclipse thing. I hope I'm in the minority and everyone loved it, but I'm a little taken back from the hype of all of this. Getting darker was a little interesting, but it was just kind of blah for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting maybe to see the flag Neil Armstrong planted on the moon or something IDK ;)

Hope everyone enjoyed their time on the water.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I hope 100% totality was a lot better than the 93% totality that I had. I still needed sunglasses outside. I guess like you @Ramblin Wreck I was expecting a lot more based on the hype. At lease I can say I was around for one but unfortunately a bit disappointing for me. I hope others enjoyed it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well I hope 100% totality was a lot better than the 93% totality that I had. I still needed sunglasses outside. I guess like you @Ramblin Wreck I was expecting a lot more based on the hype. At lease I can say I was around for one but unfortunately a bit disappointing for me. I hope others enjoyed it.
The Sunday paper was saying that we were going to be disappointed with only 93%....they were correct....still really bright out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw a pic of a lady using a colander for a filter, the shadows on the paper from that were cool!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Sunday paper was saying that we were going to be disappointed with only 93%....they were correct....still really bright out.
I guess I should have listened to the news this past weekend. I got excited when the school board announced that the busses would be driving home with there lights on.

I will say that at 93% totality, that sun is still strong as hell.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had 100% totality here, and it was really, really cool. Dark as a full moon night, and you could look up at it without glasses for a minute. Super cool.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we did have fun and we had 101% totality at our location on the water. The video I got doesn't do it justice I will have to get some pics together some of them turned out better but this does show the huge difference from even 99% to 101% coverage. This is real time and starts right at around 99% we get about a minute and a half of total coverage and I end back at 99% literally 99% to 100% was the difference between night and day and was an amazing sight with the color behind the moon at 100% where you no longer needed glasses.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
we got cloud cover right near peak, buildup was clear skies
IMG_5576.JPG IMG_5569.JPG

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0115.JPG
Pics taken at Caspers Inlet just North of Isle of Palms SC. We did not get a pic of the diamond ring just after totality, but it was an amazing sight to see.