• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boattest.com - Docking Instructions

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've seen this a few times, and it's very helpful if you've never docked one of our boats before...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Is that the one in dead calm conditions where he makes it look so simple?

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, this is a.step by step kind of thing. I know which video you are talking about though...doesn't he parallel park in that video and sort of walk it in sideways?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah...and he backs in, pulls in straight too...all with NO FENDERS!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I explain how to go slow to new jet drivers I use the "retro-rocket" spaceship as an example where you give small blasts of power to control your momentum and direction, but stay in jet-neutral most of the time. Seems to help other understand since everyone has seen a space movie and can picture what I am talking about. My favorite docking maneuver is to come in bow to the dock, spin a sudden 180 then in the same motion reverse into the dock backwards. It is a great way to pick up passengers and turns everyones head as it is a maneuver that only a Yamaha can do. I do need to figure out a bumper system for the rear deck. I have tried and built a few but they all suck or are too huge to store. Cam.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When we put in on the Missouri River there is no dock so backing up to the boat ramp is the only option. Seeing everyone's face is classic!