• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bolster seat on new yamaha

Aaron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone had any issues with the bolster seat on the new Yamaha's? I almost always keep it up and its already become worn and pushes back way too far...looks like the mechanics of it are made out of plastic which is a bit disappointing.
I know its under warrants but I was just wondering if anyone else had issues with the seat?

I have not @Aaron . My 230 bolster was still going strong when I sold the boat last August and no reported issues with it from @DawgDaze or @Suchawittygal . My new 240 has the same bolster and it is working just fine. If yours is not setting right and falling, it has to be a defect. You may be able to just swing by the dealer, and let them order the part and exchange with you when it comes in. I suspect they won't replace the parts, but exchange the seat. Worth checking on!

It almost sounds like there is some sort of stop that broke or got bent. Plastic is good for us saltwater guys -- years ago the seat bolster hinges were metal and seized up fast.

Anyone had any issues with the bolster seat on the new Yamaha's? I almost always keep it up and its already become worn and pushes back way too far...looks like the mechanics of it are made out of plastic which is a bit disappointing.
I know its under warrants but I was just wondering if anyone else had issues with the seat?
No Aaron, we have had no problems at all with the bolster seat on our 230. I've had it up and down quite a few times and it seems to set just fine.

This is my first boat so I'm not sure what is normal. My bolster goes back so far it almost goes under the backrest. Not much room left to sit on. I have to pull it forward and balance myself.

In the meantime, you could try wrapping a folded towel around it. It will keep it from going back too far and it will sit up higher. This is what I do when my 6 year old Captain comes aboard and wants to drive the "Fast" boat! :cool:

@Aaron. I have heard reports, on the other site, of the plastic seat brackets breaking. It seemed to only affect the 190's from 2013 to present. I think they went from metal to plastic in 2012 or 2013 on some models. In any event, you're not alone.

Mine has the same issue. I have to prop a towel behind it to keep it from going to far back and becoming useless. I need to take it back to the dealer to have the replace or fix it.

Hmm, this is sounding like a new model issue isn't it?

I removed the bolster and added an adjustable pedestal. It seems more comfortable to sit on the main part of the seat anyway without that flimsy narrow bolster. Adjusting the height of the seat means you can get to the exact height you want.

Mine have the cheap brackets like yours. I always have mine up and when I try to put it back down its completely deformed now. I'm 6'2 so I don't mind that it bends back so far because the high fits but I hate that I can't put it back down now.

My SS in in the shop right now for Bolster repair, same exact issue. Cheesy plastic components and people wonder why I call my boat Paper Tornado

Mine seemed to push back too far as well. I tackled the problem by placing the flat throwable flotation cushion on the seat but under the bolster. Holds the bolster up in a good position. My throwable is white so it blends in plus with my butt blocking it, nobody knows its there. Not exactly a "fix" but I don't think anything is really wrong with the seat that they would replace.

With all of these replies by members having issues with their bolster seats.......shame on you Yamaha! I hope that they research this issue and fix it on next years models.

This is my first boat so I'm not sure what is normal. My bolster goes back so far it almost goes under the backrest. Not much room left to sit on. I have to pull it forward and balance myself.

yeah thats not what its supposed to do.

I called my dealer and I am going to be taking it in for warranty work.

What crappy time to take a boat into the shop, I hope you get it back quickly.

Cost cutting on small things like this May cost Yamaha market share with more Jet Boats entering the market.

Spoke to the repair tech about the bolster last night. I ask the question knowing the answer, did they make any changes in the design to prevent it from happening again?? as expected the answer was NO. So start Bitching to Yamaha about your seat failure or we will be stuck repairing this failed design out of pocket when we are out of warranty.

It might be easier to lobby the seat manufacturer for a fix. If enough people call and email about the same problem they might figure it out to save face.

Back