• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bombardier might be in trouble....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whew......glad I bought my Challenger 600 last month.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've heard this thing sounds a lot worse than it actually is.
First, nothing happens till the Spring and regardless - this "decision" in reality is nothing more than an opening salvo to some serious negotiations.
I would not be too worried.
(coming from a guy who is looking at Scarabs, :cool:)

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Separate organization from Bombardier Inc, something tells me the Canadian Government isn't subsidizing waverunners :)

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nevermind, thought BRP was still a subsidiary of Bombardier. Looks like the Bombardier family still has a piece of BRP, but no direct relation.

In the middle of negotiations on a Global (for my employer)....trying to see if they will heavily discount it.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Although I dont see this as an issue to the BRP line, I will agree that if they want to sell these crafts in the US, they should build them here just as Yamaha does.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Although I dont see this as an issue to the BRP line, I will agree that if they want to sell these crafts in the US, they should build them here just as Yamaha does.
Aren't Yamaha JB engines manufactured in Japan? (and I wish they made entire boats over there, actually)
All of the Rotax (BRP) engines are still made in Austrian Wels Lands, I think. So, what's the difference?

--