• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow cover recommendations?

David Hoff

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After having problems big waves in the Bimini crossing, I'm looking to get a bow cover. It would mostly be used for those just in case situations where I know were going to take on water and want to minimize it.

After getting hit with some big waves, it was clear something covering the front would help divert a lot of water, but I was skeptical of how well canvas and snaps would stand up to that type of weight. Ie one big wave hit me behind the windshield and felt like I'd just taken a face plant skiing.

After hearing a suggestion of putting a beach ball under it, I think that would work, but I've not seen any off-the-shelf snap-on bow covers. Or beach balls that would large enough. Any suggestions? (for AR210)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the same cover that I keep in my boat for the same purpose. I see it as a necessary safety item while out in the bay. The key is knowing when it is time to throw it on. Likely not as big as the waves that you all encountered heading to Bimini, but I have taken some decent waves over the bow with it installed and have not had any issues.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is the same cover that I keep in my boat for the same purpose. I see it as a necessary safety item while out in the bay. The key is knowing when it is time to throw it on. Likely not as big as the waves that you all encountered heading to Bimini, but I have taken some decent waves over the bow with it installed and have not had any issues.
@Addicted, could you please post a couple of pictures of the cover when you can? I am interested in this but find the few pictures available from retailers don't give much detail or they are using a picture of a snap on cover.

Thanks!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Addicted, could you please post a couple of pictures of the cover when you can? I am interested in this but find the few pictures available from retailers don't give much detail or they are using a picture of a snap on cover.

Thanks!
The bow covers ARE snap on covers....what are you seeking?

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian, I saw a non snap bow cover on Amazon and eBay, would be interesting but I have no idea how it works other than perhaps using the grab rails. The pics are inconclusive.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think those are still snap covers, just the snaps are not included. Hence the no-snaps description. I was looking at them also and that is the conclusion I came to.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Thanks!
I apologize. Mine is a snap on cover. I missed the fact that you were looking for a non-snap on cover.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am having a custom one made when I get my camper cover made. I am not real impressed with the material Yamaha uses and my bimini leaks like a sieve at the seams... With the new covers I am also having them sew in surf pockets on the new bimini so I don't need to hunt new racks any more either...

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had mine made out of water proof material. It has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. Make sure it snaps to the walk-thru window bottom as well for a good seal. It's nice and tight and has held up to waves big enough that they've come over the windshield into the cockpit - bow was the only dry spot on the boat! :eek:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had my dealer install a snap-on bow cover on mine before I took it home. It has a pole that snaps into the middle of it to support it.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. The cover I reference is below (link botched for sure). The picture show a cover with snaps but the description clearly says no snaps. I don't boat in the ocean or anything bigger than Minnetonka so my need is marginal and I don't want to put snaps on my boat that I will rarely need. It would be nice for some of the really busy/windy days when the ride back across the middle of the lake can feel like the open ocean!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BOW-COVER-WITHOUT-SNAPS-AR-210-212X-2012-2014-/291069424461?hash=item43c516f34d&vxp=mtr

Yamaha Bow Cover without Snaps - Charcoal
  • These bow cover without snaps let you convert your bow into a large storage area when you don’t need it for passengers, and can easily be stored in the boat when not in use. The bow cover is constructed of 7/8-inch tubing with a Sunbrella® or Sur Last® cover that is UV and water-resistant.
    Fitment:
  • YAMAHA AR 210 & 212X 2012-2014
  • YAMAHA SX 210 & 212SS 2012-2014
    Manufacturer Part Number: MAR-210BC-NS-12

Last edited:

Christian Rodriguez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Interested in a snap less bow cover as well, don't like the looks of the snaps or the idea of installing them.

Diamondwatercraft

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I installed a snap in cover but have not taken a wave with it on. It fits real tight. The center pole helps to get that snare drum tight that you need. I want to do that Bimini trip real bad but my crew up here in Michigan is a bit leery of the ocean. I have only read online and seen video of that crossing. Can you guys give me some pointers on how and when to make the trip? Send me a message. Don't hijack this post. I will make sure to install my cover the next time I feel I may have a issue with the waves and report back.

Attachments

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. The cover I reference is below (link botched for sure). The picture show a cover with snaps but the description clearly says no snaps. I don't boat in the ocean or anything bigger than Minnetonka so my need is marginal and I don't want to put snaps on my boat that I will rarely need. It would be nice for some of the really busy/windy days when the ride back across the middle of the lake can feel like the open ocean!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BOW-COVER-WITHOUT-SNAPS-AR-210-212X-2012-2014-/291069424461?hash=item43c516f34d&vxp=mtr

Yamaha Bow Cover without Snaps - Charcoal
  • These bow cover without snaps let you convert your bow into a large storage area when you don’t need it for passengers, and can easily be stored in the boat when not in use. The bow cover is constructed of 7/8-inch tubing with a Sunbrella® or Sur Last® cover that is UV and water-resistant.
    Fitment:
  • YAMAHA AR 210 & 212X 2012-2014
  • YAMAHA SX 210 & 212SS 2012-2014
    Manufacturer Part Number: MAR-210BC-NS-12
Curious if you ever got this bow cover and installed it?

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
thanks yea, ive seen that post on my initial search and follow. I was looking to see if any 212X owners actually did their bow install. I was unsure whether to get snaps or install snaps myself. I may need to install myself due to I added the XM satellite next to the Yamaha stock GPS satellite and that may interfere with stock snaps. I can tell by Mooses phot that may be the case....although his is an AR....still prolly same design.

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe the no snap cover is intended for the user to install the snap in the exact location as the snaps on the boat already. If you purchase a replacement cover, you definitely want to get the no snap version so you can ensure proper alignment of the snaps or you will not have a great fitting cover.