• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Box anchor or Mantus anchor for 24 foot

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you decide box anchor over mantus any preferred brand? Thanks

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never had or tried a mantus but my box has never let me down/left me adrift.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the 8lb Mantis for my 195. Sets fast and holds great. The fluke style that came with the boat is a joke for my sand bottom lake. I haven’t used a box but wasn’t swayed to purchase based on watching anchor test vids.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have both. I use the mantus when shallow and the box when I’m deep and don’t want to put out a lot of line.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 13 lb box anchor on my 21 foot that fits very nicely in the anchor locker when folded. Holds perfectly in our mud bottom lake. Only issue is that it comes up with about 13 lbs of mud on it. So kinda heavy

mikebp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have the 8lb Mantis for my 195. Sets fast and holds great. The fluke style that came with the boat is a joke for my sand bottom lake. I haven’t used a box but wasn’t swayed to purchase based on watching anchor test vids.
...and it fits well in the anchor locker? (With or w/o roll bar?)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Both are pretty cool! I have looked and played with a mantus out on the beach and had seen one being used.
I made my own box anchor. It's big and nasty compared but when they're set they are both really good!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 13lb box that worked great with my older SX230 but it didn’t hold in windy conditions with my 242LS so I bought a 19lb and it works great. I use the 19lb off the bow and the 13lb off the stern when the wind whips up and they’re rock solid. I rarely anchor in anything deeper than 6‘ so the weight of the box anchor is manageable - not sure if I’d love them as much if I was anchored in 20’ of water and had to pull it up that far at the end of the day.

mikebp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 13lb box that worked great with my older SX230 but it didn’t hold in windy conditions with my 242LS so I bought a 19lb and it works great. I use the 19lb off the bow and the 13lb off the stern when the wind whips up and they’re rock solid. I rarely anchor in anything deeper than 6‘ so the weight of the box anchor is manageable - not sure if I’d love them as much if I was anchored in 20’ of water and had to pull it up that far at the end of the day.
Will it fit in the 195S anchor locker? 🤔

Yammi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
IMG_6684.jpeg
this is my box anchor…digs in and does not move.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
If you decide box anchor over mantus any preferred brand? Thanks
I have a 19lb box anchor and storage bag (brand Slide Anchor) for sale, if you decide to go that route. only used 2 or 3 times We replaced it with a 13lb because it didn't fit in our anchor locker. General rule of thumb, 1lb of anchor for every 1.5-2 feet of boat length.

PM me if interested.