• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brake Shoes

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brakes started squealing on my 2016 F150 XLT. Need to change the pads. Went to AutoZone (Duralast Premium Gold) but they have ceramic pads. Heard they aren't good for towing. Looking for recommendations on brake pads as I know y'all have faced this prob many times.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've had bad luck with both Autozone Duralast and AdvanceAuto Everwear. Even their "gold" pads wear quickly and don't last. Personally Raybestos, Wagner, ACDelco are worth the extra few bucks. Just my 2 cents.

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Brakes started squealing on my 2016 F150 XLT. Need to change the pads. Went to AutoZone (Duralast Premium Gold) but they have ceramic pads. Heard they aren't good for towing. Looking for recommendations on brake pads as I know y'all have faced this prob many times.
Hey I own a shop in farm country and 90 percent of what we work on are trucks that mainly are used for towing and we have very good luck with c-max pads from autozone. We also maintain all of the county sheriffs cars and use them on them as well and they all love them with very little complaints.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I run Hawk pads on my 150 and am very pleased. Be sure to inspect the pad thickness. The squeal might not be the wear warning, you may just need to clean and re-grease the piston/pad contact area. Also, be sure to wear in the new pads if you go that route. It is a fun drive on a back country road.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a bunch of trucks, about 20. I have found the best brake pads are the OEM ones. I just get the most miles out of them, I use aftermarket rotors if needed but OEM pads. On Fords I change the pads at 50k that way I don’t have to do the rotors. On the Nissans I do it at 70k same reason. We also change the front and back at the same time the backs only last a little longer. 200k out of a truck, 2 changes on the Nissan and 3 changes on a ford. I only get 15 to 40k out of any aftermarket pad I have tried. FYI this is vans not pickups.