• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brand new Hull with bubbles, paint problem ???

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hi all,

i am waiting to get my brand new Boat repair with some kind of bad paint or gel coat problem ...

my dealer sais that i'm not Alone but here in Quebec, Canada we are a small market. We are 5 boats out of around 40 with that kind of problem.

anybody else have this issue ??

here 3 pics of the prob

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Going to venture to guess this was wet slipped? See it all the time with wet slipped boats that don't have a bottom coat.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes is was for 3 month ...

my 2010 was wetslip for about the same Time for 4-5 years and never had that problem ...

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

my 2010 was wetslip for about the same Time for 4-5 years and never had that problem ...
Best of luck! Is yamaha covering the fix?

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Waiting the details of the repair but it look like they will Covered it

Heisenburg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Same issue with mine 2022 AR 212 XD purchased at a dealer in Quebec paint Bubbles throughout the hull only had the boat for 3 months... dealer is telling me that they are starting to have a lot morcoming in as boats are being pulled out of the water

Dealer said Yamaha will take care of it but they are trying to figure out the best course of action supposedly its with Yamaha Japan now due to how wide spread this issue is.

Heisenburg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length

Hi all,

i am waiting to get my brand new Boat repair with some kind of bad paint or gel coat problem ...

my dealer sais that i'm not Alone but here in Quebec, Canada we are a small market. We are 5 boats out of around 40 with that kind of problem.

anybody else have this issue ??

here 3 pics of the prob
What dealer did you buy from mine is from allary sport

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Same issue with mine 2022 AR 212 XD purchased at a dealer in Quebec paint Bubbles throughout the hull only had the boat for 3 months... dealer is telling me that they are starting to have a lot morcoming in as boats are being pulled out of the water

Dealer said Yamaha will take care of it but they are trying to figure out the best course of action supposedly its with Yamaha Japan now due to how wide spread this issue is.
Your Boat was in water for that 3 months or you were taking out of the water evreytime?

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nobody in the USA 🇺🇸 With a 2022 JetBoat have that problem ???

Heisenburg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I'm completely unhappy with this situation Yamaha should reimburse us our money back this is completely unacceptable to have such a problem....

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I agree but probably fixable, if i have ni further problem after the repair i'll be ok with that ...

did you talk to YamahaCanada about it ?

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Luckily caught within the first 12 months or Yamaha would have likely bucked covering the fix.

On a similar but much less severe note, they took care of a few gel coat cracks that I reported and took pictures of within the first year of ownership. Nothing like all those bubbles of course, but at least they did cover it. And lucky for me I documented the issue with the dealer via emails and it was on a couple work orders, because my dealer never addressed it in the first year, and when I brought it up as having not been fixed after the first off-season, yamaha tried to initially deny the claim since they thought it was reported after the manufacturer warranty had expired. Always good to document everything in writing and with pics/vids if possible. Saved me a few times!

Heisenburg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I agree but probably fixable, if i have ni further problem after the repair i'll be ok with that ...

did you talk to YamahaCanada about it ?
I called them 3 weeks ago and they were unaware of the problem I'm sure they do now

Heisenburg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Hi Yampat

that was one of my worries I did not notice anything on mine above the water line

my Boat is at the dealer so I can really check