• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken 2018 242 - Best place to order parts

Paul Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
What is the best place online to order parts? Was out today for a few hours when I went back to the dock had trouble with one of the engines. After getting out of the water with just one engine I saw that the bottom bolt from one of lateral thruster that I installed somehow disappeared causing then the jet propulsion to bend the top bold and break the top of the aluminum direction housing for the jet around where the bolt was.

Luckily I believe it happened just before getting the boat close to the ramp so I didn’t have to go far on one engine and did not go far before shutting down that engine. As far as I can tell I only have to replace the aluminum directional housing for the jet and two bolts and the support arm for the lateral thruster.

Worst of all – I just trailered the boat 10 hours to North Carolina and this happened on her first day of our vacation.

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think this post my qualify for @HELP tag. Especially given you are on vacation and there are tons of jetboats in NC

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We can repair this and overnight the parts back to you to get you back going quickly if you will overnight those parts to us.

Most likely the bolt when installed did not get red Loctite and it backed itself out.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now why doesn't that surprise me that Will is all over this. :winkingthumbsup"

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yah, crucial them guys get some loc-tite. 10 hrs from C-bus puts you out on the coast, or I'd offer to lend a hand. Spent alot of time in the 614, mostly Dublin area. Hope you get her all back together soon and enjoy your vaca.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score