• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken Articulating keel assembly

HARY5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today ran across a rock and basically tearing off the keel at the pivot point, nothing left, where do I find the whole assembly for the AR190? I can't find it on any parts diagrams.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you mean the actual "rudder" assembly or is there a part of your hull missing too?

The "rudder" portion is located under the steering components if that's what you need.
IMG_0425.PNG IMG_0426.PNG

HARY5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The keel plate where the rudder connects to is broken

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That looks like a ride plate . I think he is talking about either the rudder part number 18 in the first diagram, or the retaining plate number 19

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That looks like a ride plate . I think he is talking about either the rudder part number 18 in the first diagram, or the retaining plate number 19
On the 19' boats the ride plate is the "keel". If he sheared off the keel he will need #21. The angle of the view doesn't show the keel underneath.

Please excuse my extremely dirty boat :oops: but attached is how it is in a 19' boat.

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The diagram @itsdgm posted appears to be for the 21' or 24' boats because the rudder doesn't attach on a 19' boat with that little plate (item 19 on his diagram) that goes off the actual keel of the 21' and 24' hulls. 19' boats don't have a full length keel made in the hull but rather in the ride plate.

This is the linkage and rudder assembly for 19' boats...

linkage.jpg