• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken glass windshield !!!

Nate Robertson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey, I have a 2014 Scarab 195 Ho impulse. If anybody has any info on how to fix a broken windshield, Id like to know.
Do I order a new windshield from the factory? or any auto windshield repair shop My be able to get it?
What move should I make to get this fixed.
Thanks for all the help.

I believe a rock must of hit it from the road.
I didn’t have the cover on at the time.

I’m very limited on seadoo/Scarab boat dealers in SanDiego Where I live unfortunately.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I doubt an auto glass shop can help but you can try. Probably best to reach out to a dealer somewhere and order it from them or online scarab parts.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the bright side, if you were ever thinking of tinting, now would be the time to do it...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It already looks like it was tinted. Sucks to see. This is one of the reasons I prefer to trailer with the cover on. Of course it can happened even with a cover but lessens the chances IMO. Hope you get it fixed soon. Maybe a local glass shop can help?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If this was due to a rock, you should see a point of impact somewhere on there but I don’t see one?? 🤔. Wondering how this happened and more importantlyl how to prevent it in the future.

If you have insurance, they should cover it for you.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bummer, honestly and briefly, your screwed. Local glass can’t help, you need to call a dealer. Single piece curved glass with little or no bezel/frame is made to fit and expensive. As I recall the Yamaha side front corner windows are or were about $800 each. Good luck. If it were me, I would file an insurance claim.