• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken Mooring Cover Clips

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
One of the mid ship clips broke on my $600 deluxe mooring cover. It looks like they are not replaceable. Has anyone else been able to salvage theirs or am in for a new one?

I've also been having problems with one my ratchet's slipping during tightening but found a work around for it. Any tips for fixing/replacing that as well?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Take it to a canvas shop to get a new clip sewn in.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just about all of mine broke on the cover for my former SX230. I simply went to a fabric store and bought new ones and sewed them on. No need for a new cover.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sweet thanks guys!

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone found any other solutions to this, perhaps a replacement that would fit in to the loop with no fabric shop work required? I don't want my boat to be without a cover (ever). I had a clip prong break this evening. It still holds with the other prong that is still intact but I certainly don't / can't tighten it down as tight as I would like for fear of it snapping loose.

ETA: I found these ... will give them a shot! https://www.fontanasports.com/34-inch-side-release-field-repair-buckle-36589?cvsfa=2731&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=313531313832&gclid=cj0keqjwvjqvbrcl77m2-ukczsibeiqakx8vjgudja2ushute3hm3_f9ggpcidgnjv76jqjlmypzh2uaatmz8p8haq

ETA: Darnit, I think those are too small...

Last edited:

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi all... Amazon to the rescue! I bought this: Amazon.com : Sea to Summit Field Repair Buckle - Side Release 2 Pin 1" / 25mm : Outdoor Backpack Covers : Sports & Outdoors

The 2 pin, 1" version. It is a perfect fit, and appears to be pretty strong too (we'll see). I used high torque side cutters to cut/break the old ones out, put these in (less than 2 minutes) and tightened everything up. So far so good, holding well!

I know this thread is a few years old. Mine broke as well, how are the Amazon ones holding up.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know this thread is a few years old. Mine broke as well, how are the Amazon ones holding up.
I replaced mine several times on my old boat. The summit field is what I used. They still broke but I always kept a spare and zip ties in an emergency going down the highway. You have to be careful cranking down on the strap on the cover otherwise you will break them frequently.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for digging this one up @cbpagent72 !! I now have some of those clips in my cart on Amazon. I bought a new cover for the boat and have seriously just been waiting for the day they start breaking. The removable pin is an excellent idea to facilitate replacement!

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They held up perfectly for me... eventually purchased a new cover for other wear/tear reasons, but never had problems with these.

SColby7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Glad this popped up. I have two that broke and have been using zip ties. Did a quick search and found them at camping world for $3.41.:) Shipping was $8.:confused: I bought a handful to keep on hand so still saved me some $$.

Last edited:

zipp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Small Climbing clips work very well in a pinch. They slip into the existing clip loops nicely, very strong and inexpensive.