• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken seat will is be covered under YES warranty ?

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2018 SX195 still under Y.E.S warranty The drivers captain's chair the bottom side on the seat is made a heavy duty plastic and it cracked.
I think it should be covered? can any confirm it would be covered? thoughts on if will be covered ?

Attachments

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 SX195 still under Y.E.S warranty The drivers captain's chair the bottom side on the seat is made a heavy duty plastic and it cracked.
I think it should be covered? can any confirm it would be covered? thoughts on if will be covered ?
Probably going to depend on the dealer and how they are feeling. Hinge ripped out of my ski locker door of my 2020. I brought it in for it’s 10 hr oil change and just wanted the dealer to screw it in to a new spot on the door (it happened the day before, otherwise I would have just done it myself) they ended up ordering me a entire new door under warranty. Receipt said it was something crazy, like $700.

Same dealer a month later. I had both bolts come out of a motor mount (wtf?) well the bolts rattled around in the engine bay and gouged the paint, I wanted them to fix the paint under warranty, and they didn’t. I didn’t really press to hard, I wanted my boat back ASAP, but I was kind of surprised after how willing they were to replace the door.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Latches on my starboard rear storage door broke 3 times. All 3 the dealer replaced, no questions asked. It is a poor design, so I eliminated it and replaced the latch with cabinet door magnets. End of problem! So I think it will be covered.....it should be.....I would raise a stink if not!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@markp .....you have pretty much said it all. What really concerns me is the almost schizophrenic approach to service at boating dealerships. One day good the next crappy - almost like they are having a bad day and want to share it? Yamaha dealers or others - the same attitudes. Behaviours that would put a car/truck dealership out of business. Maybe boaters are too good natured to make some of these jerks accountable and boat manufacturers can dump shoddy product on us with impunity? :cool:

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How can a broken seat not be covered?? Unless there’s a video of you jumping up and down on it or some other abuse. That’s a hell of a crack. I would be extraordinarily pissed off 😡 if my Y.E.S. warranty didn’t cover a broken seat.