• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Brought our baby home yesterday

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After buying the boat January 4, we finally got to see it for the first time yesterday. Thanks @txav8r for the checklist. It really helped keep me focused. There were several little things that they took care of on the spot.
We spent the evening having drinks and waving to cars going bye.
I was very pleased with how well my Dakota pulled the boat. No problems going up hill or stopping.
The Mississippi and Lake Pepin are open now. I just need some warmth.

Misner Mayhem 2.jpg Misner Mayhem 1.jpg

Congrats on getting her home. Looks great.

Congratulations. Nice looking boat.

congrats!!

Congrats, now grab the jackets and get on out to the lake!

Congrats...

Congrats on the new boat. You plan on going to Zumbro much this summer or mainly the Mississippi?

Sharp boat. Now the fun really begins.

Congrats

@jetboater4life my wife's family has always boated on Lake Pepin. We have a slip in Wabasha, so most of our time will be around there. I've never been on Zumbro but will have to get out there to check it out. A friend also wants us to check out Byllesby.

Congrats!!! Now enjoy

@jetboater4life my wife's family has always boated on Lake Pepin. We have a slip in Wabasha, so most of our time will be around there. I've never been on Zumbro but will have to get out there to check it out. A friend also wants us to check out Byllesby.
Lake Zumbro is only 15minutes away so I zip up there after work a lot on summer weekdays. It's a great lake for water sports because it has long narrow stretches that are sheltered from wind so the waves don't get large. Lake Zumbro is affectionately called the Zcumbro, but last fall they redid a group of 15 homes that were bad septic system violators. This fall they will be dredging out a large portion of it which will open up another long ski run. Lake Zumbro doesn't have any public beaches so once your on the water that's where you stay. Fishermens inn is a good place to eat after a long hard day of water sports.

I've been to Lake Byllesby a few times and there are a couple of public beaches that are nice but it's a 50 minute drive. It's a big open lake so lots of room. The current is slow moving so by mid July it gets full of string algae which makes the water look like green soup. The stuff is harmless but it coats everything upon exit from the water.

I hope to take my boat to the Mississippi this year but we'll see how things go. I started a thread about getting together somewhere in pool 4.

Sharp lookin boat! Congrats.

Congrats and agreed, good looking boat! Glad the checklist helped out.

Back