• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Building Yamaha Jet Boats

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I enjoyed watching these videos of the factory

I guess that is about as close to inside the factory as we are going to get. But I really enjoyed those as well! Unbelievable the robot that lays on the gelcoat and drills ALL the holes in minutes, not days!

"At Yamaha, we're committed to spend the money to meet the ever growing demands"

More like: "At Yamaha, we're committed to spend the money to increase capacity so we can make more money. . . . . "

"At Yamaha, we're committed to spend the money to meet the ever growing demands"

More like: "At Yamaha, we're committed to spend the money to increase capacity so we can make more money. . . . . "

They can only make as much as people are willing to pay :)

At My house we're committed to spend the money to increase capacity so we can make more money. . . . .

Isn't that capitalism? Make a good product that lots of people buy, and get rewarded with Profits....the key being "Good Product".....and I like mine! :winkingthumbsup"

I was lucky enough to take a factory tour our first year as a dealer. By far the nicest/high tech factory I have seen yet. Blows away Four Winns, Cruisers Yachts, Silverton, and the few others I have seen

When considering which boat to go with the Seadoo or Yamaha the first video helped sway me. The members and knowledge of users who are now on this board also swayed me to Yamaha. Glad I did as SeaDoo closed a year later.

Does anyone know how many Yamaha boats are produced each year? I know Yamaha says that they are the top selling in their category but what are some of the numbers?

When considering which boat to go with the Seadoo or Yamaha the first video helped sway me. The members and knowledge of users who are now on this board also swayed me to Yamaha. Glad I did as SeaDoo closed a year later.
My situation was similar. I had owned a seadoo speedster for 11 years and loved the boat, so I was loyal to seadoo initially. I started my search for a bigger boat in the fall of 2011. The first 3 months my search was for the bigger seadoos, then I found this site and started doing lots of research on the Yamahas and for the next 6 months was searching for both. Mid summer of 2012, I narrowed my sights on just Yamaha mainly due to what I read here and was trying to figure out if I should go with the 08-10 212 or the 07-09 230. I was tempted many times but stayed patient and found my dream boat in Sept 2012. A week later my seaddoo was sold.

At My house we're committed to spend the money to increase capacity so we can make more money. . . . .

Isn't that capitalism? Make a good product that lots of people buy, and get rewarded with Profits....the key being "Good Product".....and I like mine! :winkingthumbsup"

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. . . . . . Just pointing out the non-PC, reality based response. Making profits is GOOD, the only thing better is making bigger profits.

Back