• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Built in cooler not draining

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
any have any issues with their built in cooler not draining much water? If so how do you get all the water out with out sucking it up(shop-vac) or wiping it out?

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
any have any issues with their built in cooler not draining much water? If so how do you get all the water out with out sucking it up(shop-vac) or wiping it out?
I had that problem and the bilge pump helped sometimes. Then I discovered that my scupper valve was broken and letting water into the hull. I have to ask, have you pulled the drain plug on the cooler all the way out? Which cooler/locker is the one not draining?

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for not specifying. I am talking about the built in cooler under the starboard bow seat. It has a hose hooked up to an outlet that goes through the hull on the starboard side.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for not specifying. I am talking about the built in cooler under the starboard bow seat. It has a hose hooked up to an outlet that goes through the hull on the starboard side.
OK, then the plug question still applies. Also, check to see if you had some bugs decide to make a home in the drain hose. I had the joy of removing about 6 inches of dried mud from the engine pissers thanks to wasps trying to use them as a nest. Now I seal them with petroleum jelly in the spring after every run.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine didnt drain right because the drain is on the side and not the bottom... I fixed mine though...... I cut the dang thing out and put a wine cork in the discharge on the side of the boat. Now i use it for storage and am very happy!..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There's a cooler? Do newer boats not have it? Have I just not noticed?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian ... that why we just bought a cooler to go under ththe rear seat and cut out the built in cooler... we too much trouble having to drain it and dry it all the time.